Sarstedt, Inc., a leading manufacturer and distributor of laboratory consumables, medical devices and instruments, is looking for a Bilingual (German/English) Administrative/Legal Assistant to join their Administrative team in Newton, NC.
Provides clerical and administrative support to the Executive Bilingual Administrative Assistant, Corporate Counsel, and the President/CEO.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Answers telephones and gives information to callers, takes messages, or transfer calls to appropriate individuals.
- Sets up and manages paper or electronic filing systems, recording information, updating paperwork, or maintaining documents, such as attendance records, correspondence, or other material.
- Operates office equipment, such as fax machines, copiers and phone systems and arrange for repairs when equipment malfunctions.
- Greets visitors or callers and handles their inquiries or directs them to the appropriate persons according to their needs.
- Maintains scheduling, attendance, travel, and event calendars.
- Makes copies of correspondence or other printed material, distributes and sorts inter-office mail, and processes daily incoming and outgoing mail.
- Performs internet-based research tasks and provides other administrative support for the Corporate Counsel.
- This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
- Other duties may be assigned as apparent or required by management.
- Associate's degree in Business Administration or related field and six months to one year related experience and/or training in a law firm or law office setting preferred; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read, write, speak, and understand the German language. Must be able to accurately translate documents from English to German and vice versa.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, employees, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft Excel Spreadsheet software and Microsoft Word Processing software.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear.
- The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
-The Company participates in E-Verify
Please Note: Due to the volume of resume submissions, candidates will be contacted directly if considered for the interview process. We look forward to reviewing your credentials.