Everyone communicates. It’s the essence of the human experience. How we communicate is evolving. Technology is reshaping the way we live, learn and thrive. The epicenter of this transformation is the network—our passion. Our experts are rethinking the purpose, role and usage of networks to help our customers increase bandwidth, expand capacity, enhance efficiency, speed deployment and simplify migration. From remote cell sites to massive sports arenas, from busy airports to state-of-the-art data centers— we provide the essential expertise and vital infrastructure your business needs to succeed. The world’s most advanced networks rely on CommScope connectivity.
Due to growth and customer demand, we are currently recruiting for an Intellectual Property Paralegal to join our team in Horsham, PA or Shakopee, MN with first preference being Horsham, PA.
Enhance the effectiveness of the Legal Department with respect to intellectual property responsibilities by providing information and management support to the IP Legal team, others within the Legal Department, and various business teams within the company.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITES:
- Manage company patent portfolio by processing invention records and coordinating with outside counsel and patent liaisons for prosecution and maintenance of patent portfolio. Manage annuity payments for all registered patents and pending applications that require maintenance fees.
- Regular interaction with designated patent liaisons across the business for instructions and decisions on filing and maintaining patent cases.
- Frequent communication with outside counsel on various tasks, such as instructions for filing and maintenance.
- Schedule and attend patent committee meetings (may require travel). Coordinate with outside counsel on agenda and follow up action items.
- Review and approve new Invention Record Forms (IRF) for completeness. Follow-up with inventors, patent liaisons, and outside counsel as necessary. Monitor progress to ensure timely filing.
- Run reports on company's patents and compile data as needed.
- Administration of patent incentive program for inventors.
- Maintain company’s intellectual property files and records, both electronic and hardcopies. In particular, manage emails in the Patents Legal email database, and recording or updating data on inventions, patent applications, and patents in central databases.
- Assist in preparation of legal documents specific to intellectual property, general correspondence and special reports as needed.
- Process IP-related outside counsel and other IP-related vendor billing.
- Complete other projects and tasks as assigned. Provide backup and administrative support to other members of the legal department as needed.
- A completed Associate's Degree in a related curriculum and five years of related experience
- Paralegal certificate preferred
- Certified Notary Public in state of job preferred
- Knowledge and understanding of intellectual property concepts and practices preferred.
- Ability to read and understand legal documents.
- Ability to take independent action and to organize and prioritize numerous tasks.
- Proficiency in standard business software applications, including Microsoft Office; comfortable with learning new software programs as may be required.
- Stronger interpersonal, organizational and oral & written communication skills.
It is the policy of CommScope to provide Equal Employment Opportunities to all individuals based on merit, qualifications and abilities. CommScope does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy), national origin, age or any other characteristics as protected by law. Furthermore, this contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a) and 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals on the basis of disability, and require affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals with disabilities.