This job is archived
Everyone communicates. It’s the essence of the human experience. How we communicate is evolving. Technology is reshaping the way we live, learn and thrive. The epicenter of this transformation is the network—our passion. Our experts are rethinking the purpose, role and usage of networks to help our customers increase bandwidth, expand capacity, enhance efficiency, speed deployment and simplify migration. From remote cell sites to massive sports arenas, from busy airports to state-of-the-art data centers— we provide the essential expertise and vital infrastructure your business needs to succeed. The world’s most advanced networks rely on CommScope connectivity.
Analyze and develop Import Compliance programs to conform to government laws and regulations in North American region. Manage internal compliance procedures, conduct audits, communicate with Customs offices and other government agencies. Direct operations in compliance with regulations and company processes. Manage multi-location import staff.
- Lead corporate Import Trade Compliance group to implement and continuously improve operations, system solutions and centralization in support of all business divisions of the company.
- Assess changes in Import Compliance requirements and regulations in NA Region to develop, change or implement necessary operational processes, procedures and controls to ensure compliance in all business divisions of the company. Maintain synchronization within internal systems.
- Analyze and research data from official sources to determine proper product HTS classification and Country of Origin designation. Lead the review process and collaborate with engineering, procurement, and product line management groups. Submit formal ruling requests.
- Manage NA import audit program, analyze data and report unconformities. Establish and manage procedures and systems to ensure all transactions meet requirements of the country regulations. Address any unconformities throughout the company and implement corrective actions.
- Act as a lead for NA import initiatives, provide internal guidance and support. This includes country specific programs such as Duty Drawback, Reconciliation, C-TPAT, NAFTA, ADD/CVD and Tariff Sanctions compliance and global programs, for example Incoterms policy and training.
- Create/maintain benchmark procedures and establish performance objectives for customs brokerage partners. Evaluate providers periodically and manage formal requests for proposal to assess existing and selection of new service providers.
- Provide training and daily support to international customer service, sales, purchasing, product line management teams to ensure compliance with regulations. Organize formal compliance trainings and seminars. Create and maintain a cross-functional environment within NA team.
- Maintain current knowledge of international import compliance regulations through official publications and formal trainings. Continuously evaluate import activities in order to develop and implement better compliance practices.
- Manage and prepare import activity reporting, including volumes, performance, impact analyses for tariff sanctions, etc.; ACE Account administration and reports; ISF management.
- Work with VP of Global Trade compliance to develop and execute special departmental projects.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree
- 10 years of experience in international trade compliance or supply chain related functions required. In-depth knowledge of Customs, Export, and International trade law regulations. Experience with Harmonized Tariff system (HTS), NAFTA, Duty Drawback, C-TPAT, Reconciliations, ADD/CVD.
- Excellent oral, written, problem solving skills and ability to establish priorities required.
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office package, Oracle or SAP.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills with high attention to detail.
- Must be able to perform variety of tasks with minimal direction.
Open to one of the following CommScope locations:
It is the policy of CommScope to provide Equal Employment Opportunities to all individuals based on merit, qualifications and abilities. CommScope does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy), national origin, age or any other characteristics as protected by law. Furthermore, this contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a) and 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals on the basis of disability, and require affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals with disabilities.