Job was saved successfully.
Job was removed from Saved Jobs.
(Archived) Deputy Sheriff INVESTIGATOR– Narcotics Division
The Catawba County Sheriff’s Office is currently recruiting for a highly self-motivated and experienced Narcotics Investigator with outstanding communication, interpersonal and problem solving skills to join our team. In this position, you will investigate major drug trafficking organizations residing in or acting as sources of supply into Catawba County. This unit will conduct complex drug investigations and strategic undercover purchases at both the state and federal levels of prosecution. The Catawba County Sheriff’s Office responds to approximately 115,000 calls for service each year and is comprised of 245 Deputies, Detention Officers and Employees. The Sheriff’s Office is responsible for responding to calls for service, court security, crime prevention, serving civil process and criminal papers, sex offender registrations, investigating crime, providing School Resource Officers at County High and Middle Schools and CVCC, Narcotics, and the Detention Center that currently houses 260 inmates (close to 600 after expansion in 2020-21). *ADDITIONAL SALARY INFORMATION:
- Deputies with advanced degrees will receive extra pay based on highest degree obtained: Associates ($.25 per hour), Bachelors ($.50 per hour), Masters ($.75 per hour).
- Deputies who possess a Law Enforcement Intermediate Certificate will receive an additional $.25 per hour.
- Deputies who possess a Law Enforcement Advanced Certificate will receive an additional $.50 per hour.
- A salary increase is given annually upon a successful performance review (dependent upon budget availability).
- Bilingual extra duty pay is provided upon successful completion of testing (dependent upon budget availability).
- Deputies work 8 hour shifts Monday-Friday. May also be required to work weekends and evening hours.
- Pay is bi-monthly (every 14 days).
- Excellent benefits are offered, including competitive pay, health insurance, dental insurance, and a 5% 401K match.
- To be considered complete the on line Catawba County application in entirety, including supplemental questions.
- Internal candidates are asked to complete the online Catawba County application AND send a letter of intent to Captain Eddins by 5:00 pm, Friday, July 23, 2021.
Newton, North Carolina, United States