Everyone communicates. It’s the essence of the human experience. How we communicate is evolving. Technology is reshaping the way we live, learn and thrive. The epicenter of this transformation is the network—our passion. Our experts are rethinking the purpose, role and usage of networks to help our customers increase bandwidth, expand capacity, enhance efficiency, speed deployment and simplify migration. From remote cell sites to massive sports arenas, from busy airports to state-of-the-art data centers— we provide the essential expertise and vital infrastructure your business needs to succeed. The world’s most advanced networks rely on CommScope connectivity.
We are looking for exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people. If you would like to be part of a team dedicated to delivering industry-leading performance through exceptional talent and a culture of innovation and collaboration, this is an opportunity you won’t want to miss. We are looking for a dynamic, organized, self-starter to join our Human Resources department as a 2nd Shift Human Resources Generalist located in Claremont, NC.
The HR Generalist role is responsible for delivering full-cycle, world-class HR service to one of CommScope’s largest manufacturing sites in the U.S. Working with a team of experienced HRBPs, growing COEs, and a 1st Shift HR Generalist, the role is critical to help ensure appropriate staffing, coaching management, providing employee relation council, and administering and interpreting company policies. The most important, value-added aspects of this role will be acting as a consultant to frontline supervision and team members and using critical thinking and creativity to problem-solve. In addition to helping execute the day-to-day, this role will work with teams to implement all-important initiatives that drive and maintain an overall culture of excellent employee relations and healthy communications.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITES:
- Strong knowledge base in recruiting, compensation, talent management, HRIS, and employee relations
- A desire to seek continuous improvement and best practices
- Exceptional problem-solving skills including in-depth root cause analysis, consistent reference to long-term plans and goals, and decisive and confident action
- Resourcefulness and comfort with occasional ambiguity regarding projects and tasks
- Strong ability to prioritize and meet deadlines
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills
- The ability to develop and maintain a healthy relationship with the business
- Dexterity with computer software (like Excel, PowerPoint, Word) to further solutions and communication
- Proven affinity for working in a large-scale workforce management
- Knowledge of Lean, Six Sigma, and Kaizen methodologies would be highly advantageous
- Bachelor's Degree required
- 2 to 5 years of related experience
ADDITIONAL ELIGIBILITY QUALIFICATIONS:
- Human resource generalist and/or business partner experience preferred
- Experience supporting manufacturing client groups preferred
- Certification of PHR, SHRM-CP, SPHR, or SHRM-SCP preferred
It is the policy of CommScope to provide Equal Employment Opportunities to all individuals based on merit, qualifications and abilities. CommScope does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy), national origin, age or any other characteristics as protected by law. Furthermore, this contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a) and 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals on the basis of disability, and require affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals with disabilities.