The HR Business Partner is integrated into the businesses and aligns processes and human capital activities to drive business results. The HRBP analyzes HR data to identify trends within a plant’s performance, evaluates the root cause, and works with leadership to improve performance. This position focuses on driving the operational, financial, and HR performance of the field, including recruitment, retention, engagement, performance mgmt. and all the other aspects of the talent life cycle. The HRBP is a resource to support and challenge the plant leaders to improve overall performance and drive sustainable growth.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develops and maintains reporting dashboards that track division operations and HR metrics/trends.
- Evaluates data and determine trends/outliers to identify poor performing plants and teams. Leverages data to prioritize which area/topic needs the most immediate support and track the change effort. Works in conjunction with business leaders to intervene to improve performance.
- Be present in the plants under your responsibility to gain insight from associates and managers. Establish a sound understanding of the business, in order to best anticipate and identify issues and drive solutions.
- Builds the capability of the management and workforce through succession planning, developmental plans, stretch assignments, training (one on one or in group sessions), coaching, and mentoring of top talent. Proactively identifies training gaps to HR leadership, suggests solutions and partners with SME’s develop and deliver training to aid talent development.
- Collaborates with field leaders to establish a talent bench for field leadership roles. Lead retention efforts of top talent. Identify opportunities and work with the field to develop strategies to attract and retain great front line talent.
- Provide a credible “Field Business Perspective” voice to the COE team on HR programs and initiatives in order to drive outcomes that help the business grow.
- Effectively manages team of HR Generalist in their efforts to provide support to the manufacturing locations across the division.
- Bachelor’s degree with potential concentrations in Human Resources, Business or related areas and 5 years of business related experience, or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- 3-5 years of experience working with business leaders to evaluate and improve performance, either in an HR or Consulting capacity preferred.
- Experience managing direct reports
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Strong data analysis skills to evaluate data and determine trends and outliers.
- Leverage data to understand business problems and develop a course of action for improvement.
- Work with leaders and associates to get them on board for the change effort and assist them in driving the effort.
- Leadership ability and tact to handle difficult conversations with business leaders to identify low business performance and establish correction plan.
- Balance and prioritize competing priorities.
- Results oriented with a sense of urgency to respond to business needs.
- Highly ethical with the ability to maintain confidentiality and professionalism.
- Strong financial analysis and business acumen to evaluate field performance and understand necessary improvements/changes to drive.
- Strong written, training, and oral communication skills.
- Comprehensive skills in current Microsoft Office software.
- Ability to travel up to 30-40% of time