Summary: Manages and coordinates Field Service, Warranty, and Recall work. This position is technical in nature and will require the need to travel to Customer Locations to assess and correct problems with product, and to assist Sales. Responsibilities include in-vehicle analysis of product, review of part prints for compliance, correction of product in the field with tools and parts, and responsibility for maintenance of work requests, work records, and interaction with customers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
(This description is a general statement of required major duties and responsibilities performed on a regular and continual basis. It does not exclude other duties that may be assigned.)
- Investigate non-conformances reported by Customers, Engineering, Quality, Sales, or Customer Service.
- Manage and maintain a schedule for Field Service work.
- Complete Field Service reports and enter into databases.
- Perform repair, replacement, or correction to product in the field, at Customer facilities, or where needed.
- Work cross functionally with Sales and Engineering on Technical Service Bulletin Development, Customer Service Instruction Development, Customer and End User Product Service/Use Training.
- Work with Operations, Engineering, and Quality to improve manufacturing process using feedback from field findings.
- Assist customer service, sales and the management team in tracking monitoring and resolving complaints.
- Conduct Product Audits both in field and in plant
- Relay any necessary information to the plant personnel.
- Coordinate with Customer Service and Sales to establish priority of Service Calls.
- Assist in conducting the physical inventories monthly and be responsible for accuracy
- Work with Plant Manager to promote and sustain lean initiatives.
- Other duties as assigned by the Plant Manager or Director of Quality.
- Possess strong mechanical knowledge and hands-on ability to perform mechanical repair work of School Bus Seats.
- Must be able to interact positively with Customers and internal personnel.
- Strong Customer Service skills.
- Must have the ability to consider and evaluate the relationships between numerous factors.
- Proficient with Part Drawings.
- Must possess all other qualities critical for managerial success including leadership, self-confidence, motivation, decisiveness, flexibility, sound business judgment, and determination.
- Education and/or experience equivalent to a Bachelor’s Degree
- 5+ years of Field Service in School Bus or similar industry.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge and understanding of School Bus industry.
- Ability to provide a balance of fairness coupled with accountability in management style as it relates to personnel performance.
- Ability to adhere to company policies and procedures for personnel recruitment, selection, training, compensation and benefits, labor relations and negotiation.
- Strong ability to examine product in use, determine failure, and affect repairs or replacement.
- Strong Computer skills using MS suite of products including Excel, Word, and Power Point.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Regularly required to stand and walk
- Able to use hands to finger, handle, or feel
- Able to reach with hands and arms
- Able to talk and hear
- Frequently required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
- Able to regularly lift and/or move more than 50 pounds
- Specific vision abilities needed: close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Travel 50% or more of time.