The Technical Sales Representative, of Healthcare Products, will primarily be responsible for business/customer and market/channel development executing the sales programs, promotions, customer growth initiatives and strategies aimed at expanding footprint in markets and within customers, with goal of driving top line growth for the Healthcare Products division. Reporting directly to the Director of Sales or General Manager of the Division, the Technical Sales Representative will discover and capture both the Regional and National customers to manage, build relationships with and develop an in depth understanding of customer business needs to ensure HSM’s Healthcare offering maximizes the requirements to meet and or exceed performance objectives. Responsibilities include collaboratively developing and cultivating sales opportunities, prospecting new accounts and territories, and building credibility with customers and markets within the Healthcare and Manufacturing Verticals. The ideal candidate will have experience selling a focused product line within the Healthcare Industry while also, having extensive knowledge to draw against that can highlight to customers the broader manufacturing capabilities that HSM can offer. HSM is seeking a dynamic technical sales representative with a desire to grow a new business by employing out of the box thinking to maximize the opportunity available with every customer.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Actively hunts, creates, and cultivates customer leads to grow product sales regionally and nationally.
- Execute strategic business/sales plans for all Healthcare Products focusing on growing sales and maximizing profitability.
- Ability to identify market/channel niches that align with organizational focus and capabilities to expand market reach.
- Engages every opportunity with an entrepreneurial and driven attitude to actively identify opportunities at customer locations.
- Consult and collaborate with operations and customers where needed to finalize new or modified orders, product specifications, timelines, and action plans.
- Play a leading role in developing Healthcare Products specific marketing and sales collateral, developing and training sales staff as required, and resolving key customer activities and action plans as necessary.
- Solicits customer orders by deploying all tools and avenues available such as; phone, email and/or traveling to customer locations, trade shows, or networking events in the industry.
- Negotiates pricing, credit terms, and supply agreements as required.
- Ensures efficient utilization of the CRM to forecast and report results in real time.
- Monitors and reports plans, progress, and status updates to project stakeholders and HSM Healthcare Markets Leadership Team in regards to sales performance to forecasts and other metrics as assigned.
- Proactively participates in operation meetings providing sales forecasting to assist in the process of production planning to manage capacity constraints, achieving metrics, etc. and subsequently adjusting sales strategy where required.
- Experience in Healthcare sales or consumable healthcare products (PPE experience a plus) to include non-durable medical devices, soft orthopedics sales experience desired.
- Knowledge of medical textiles and/or contract manufacturing experience desired.
- Prior experience with small to mid-size healthcare, Acute, Post-Acute, Dental, and Government desired.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Technical, Engineering, Medical or Business field of study OR 5+ years’ experience in a sales role with Healthcare based Manufacturing environment.
- Ability to read and understand CAD/CAM and SOLIDWORKS Drawings
- Experience participating in the launch of a start up business.
- Must be able to travel up to 25% of time.
- Demonstrated progressive growth experience in a defined vertical.
- Excellent organizational, leadership, and management experience
- Strong computer skills/experience, including MS Office Suite
- Proven sales and negotiation experience including superior customer service experience required.