Job was saved successfully.
Job was removed from Saved Jobs.
(Archived) Registered Nurse - Wound Healing PRN/Registry
Wound Healing Center / PRN / (Posted 07/15/2020)
Performs the primary function of an RN in assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating the care of patients in the Wound Healing Center. Provides patient care, handles intake and discharge processes for the Wound Healing Center patients. May also serve as a Case Manager to a group of assigned Wound Healing Center patients. Is responsible for meeting the established wound center standards of nursing practice in the management of all assigned patients. Assists physicians with the development and implementation of wound treatment plans and participates in performance improvement review activities. Acts within the guidelines of federal and state laws, Joint Commission standards and professional and ethical practice.
Education and Credentials Required:
• Graduate of accredited nursing program.
• Current NC RN license or licensure from Nursing Compact State.
• BCLS certification. If the BCLS certification is not from the American Heart Association (AHA), an AHA certification is required within three months of employment date.
Bachelor of Science in Nursing Degree Requirements:
• Effective May 4, 2015 all newly employed Registered Nurses and all current employees promoted to Registered Nurse positions are required to obtain a BSN or higher nursing degree.
o RNs employed in positions at Catawba Valley Medical Group (CVMG), Fairgrove Primary Health (FPH), Catawba Valley Infectious Disease (CVID), Catawba Valley Center for Wound Healing and Hyperbarics (WHC), and Catawba Valley Psychiatric Services (CVPS) are exempt from this requirement.
• The BSN or higher nursing degree must be completed within five years from the date of employment or placement into the RN position.
• Incumbents in CVMC RN positions on the effective date will not be required to satisfy the BSN degree requirement to maintain their current position, be promoted to a charge nurse or Operating Room specialty RN position or apply for lateral RN positions in another CVMC department.
o RNs transferring to the IRT department are subject to the BSN requirement.
o Effective 03/28/2019: RNs transferring from CVMG, FPH, CVID, WHC, or CVPS into RN positions at CVMC are subject to the BSN requirement.
Specialty course work and certification in area of practice.
No previous experience required.
One year of nursing experience. Wound care experience.