Job was saved successfully.
Job was removed from Saved Jobs.
Surgical/ Full-Time/ 7:00 AM- 7:00 PM (Posted 09/29/2020)
Provides professional nursing care and makes nursing care decisions that are appropriate for the age and condition of the patient, using the nursing process. Collaborates with other health care professionals to meet the needs of the patient. Responsible for adhering to CVMC departmental policies, procedures and philosophy to deliver quality patient care, practicing within the guidelines of the North Carolina State Nurse Practice Act. Responsible for adhering to CVMC policies and procedures; abiding by the CVMC Nursing Bylaws; and practicing within the guidelines of the North Carolina State Nurse Practice.
Six months nursing experience.
• Graduate of accredited nursing program.
• Current NC RN license or licensure from Nursing Compact State.
• BCLS certification. If the BCLS certification is not from the American Heart Association (AHA), an AHA certification is required within three months of employment date.
Bachelor of Science in Nursing Degree Requirements:
• Effective May 4, 2015 newly employed Registered Nurses and current employees promoted to Registered Nurse positions are required to obtain a BSN or higher nursing degree. Exception: RNs employed in positions at Catawba Valley Medical Group (CVMG), Fairgrove Primary Health (FPH) and Catawba Valley Infectious Disease (CVID) are exempt from this requirement.
• The BSN or higher nursing degree must be completed within five years from the date of employment or placement into the RN position.
• Incumbents in CVMC RN positions on the effective date will not be required to satisfy the BSN degree requirement to maintain their current position, be promoted to a charge nurse or Operating Room specialty RN position, or apply for lateral RN positions in another CVMC department. Exceptions:
o RNs transferring to the IRT department are subject to the BSN requirement.
o Effective 03/28/2019: RNs transferring from CVMG, FPH or CVID into RN positions at CVMC are subject to the BSN requirement.
Refer to the Registered Nurse Performance Expectations for each department’s additional requirements. Additionally, the following department(s) will also require:
• Critical Care Unit: ACLS upon employment and PALS within one year of employment.
• Medical: ACLS within six months upon employment to charge nurse role.
• Intermediate Care Unit: ACLS within six months upon employment to charge nurse role.
• Emergency Department: Non-Violent Crisis Intervention Certification within six months of employment
• Psychiatry: Non-Violent Crisis Intervention Certification within three months of employment and renewed at least bi-annually for the first year and annually thereafter.