Job was saved successfully.
Job was removed from Saved Jobs.
CVMG Population Health/Full-time/1st Shift/ Posted (11/17/2020)
Follows the recommendation given by the physician or mid-level provider when reviewing the patients care plan. Follows an evidence-based approach to care. The Health Navigator will work within the Patient Centered Medical Home (PCMH) and Accountable Care Organization (ACO) to provide daily care coordination, case management, coaching, motivational interviewing, consultation and intervention to patients with one or more chronic diseases. Overall duties include supporting clinicians in meeting chronic and preventive health needs of their patients; guiding patients in collaborative self-management for the prevention and management of chronic disease; linking patients to community resources and coordinating care provided in multiple practice settings across the care continuum. As part of an interdisciplinary care team, the Health Navigator coordinates patient services, such as social work and mental health counseling, psycho-social support services, in-home support, skilled nursing, home health, etc.
Required Five years of nursing experience.
Care coordination experience using community resources. Experience in outpatient primary care, acute care, and care coordination and case management. Experience in health coaching, motivational interviewing.
Education and Credentials Required:
• Graduate of accredited nursing program.
• Current NC RN license or licensure from Nursing Compact State.
• BCLS certification. If the BCLS certification is not from the American Heart Association (AHA), an AHA certification is required within three months of employment date.
Bachelor of Science in Nursing Degree Requirements:
• Effective May 4, 2015 newly employed Registered Nurses and current employees promoted to Registered Nurse positions are required to possess a BSN degree or are required to enroll in an approved accredited BSN degree program within two years of date of employment or placement into RN position.
• The BSN degree must be obtained within five years of date of employment or placement.
• Incumbents in CVMC RN positions on the effective date will not be required to satisfy the BSN degree enrollment and completion requirements to maintain current position, be promoted to a charge nurse or specialty coordinator position, or apply for lateral RN positions in another CVMC department.
• Catawba Valley Medical Group (CVMG) RN positions are exempt from this BSN requirement.
Relevant professional certification(s), such as Case Management, Disease Management, Health Coaching, Guided Care Nursing.