This job is archived
Our fast-paced manufacturing firm is seeking a Quality Control Tech. This position will provide the successful candidate with the chance to apply their knowledge, learn new skills, and work as a team within a clean and safe environment. The ideal candidate for this role has a minimum of 6 months experience in the manufacturing sector, pays strong attention to detail, has excellent attendance and is committed to workplace safety. We offer excellent medical, vision, and dental insurance as well as retirement benefits, PTO and paid holidays. HSM is seeking qualified candidates at our HSM Metal location in Fort Smith, AR. This is a 1st shift position, 6:00AM to 2:00PM. Rate of pay is $14.70.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
This description is a general statement of required major duties and responsibilities performed on a regular and continual basis. It does not exclude other duties that may be assigned.)
- Inspection of product using gages and measurement devices in both production areas and laboratory conditions
- Compare and record measurements taken from product to part prints, models, master parts, or customer specification sheets
- Data entry for trending, analysis, and tracking of quality objectives
- Assist with Internal Audits, Corrective Actions and other Quality reporting
- Calibration and measurement device verification
- Destructive and Non-Destructive testing of product
- Containment of non-conforming material
- Authorization of release of conforming product
- Formal education is not required.
- Minimun of 6 months of previous work experience in Quality Dept./Manufacturing setting preferred, but not required for consideration.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Must be at least 18 years of age to perform this job.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
- Arithmetic including algebra and statistical analysis
- PC literate to include MS Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Literate and numerate
- Ability to read and interpret part prints including CAD models
- Ability to use and read other handheld measuring devices: calipers, micrometers, protractors, radius gages, feeler gages etc.
- Conduct internal and corrective action audits