This job is archived
This position is responsible for the implementation and maintenance of the Quality Management System for HSM Triad Fabco Plant and for ensuring that customer expectations are met in an efficient manner. Manages and coordinates the quality activities of all plant management, production and operation workers. Responsibilities include confirming all departments are communicating effectively between customers, operations, sales, both internal and external about quality and all other associated and related plant functions, metrics and programs. Ensure that customer expectations are met in an efficient manner.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain, monitor and evaluate the QMS and ISO 9001 Programs and requirements including development, implementation, effectiveness, review, and managing changes.
- Organize, manage, and lead internal audits and be the representative for ISO external audits.
- Monitor and inspect quality of material coming in and out of department, including identification of non-conforming products.
- Authorization of release of conforming product.
- Investigate customer complaints and lead, determine and document root causes and solutions.
- Establish and maintain plant metric and corrective actions to monitor and maintain customer feedback and the associated logs.
- Submit CARS and PARS to improve quality internally as well as customer satisfaction.
- Monitor operations on the plant floor in conjunction with the quality program and manage the program’s effectiveness daily.
- Drive and participate in the CSI and Lean implementation and follow through to maintain conformity and continuity within the facility
- Assist in conducting physical inventories on the shop floor and be responsible for accuracy.
- Assist customer service, sales and the management team in tracking monitoring and resolving complaints.
- Communicate with Plant manager on plant issues, problems, planning, updates, assistance needed from supervision, maintenance etc.
- Work with Plant Manager to promote and sustain lean initiatives.
- Manage and maintain the plant 6S program for effectiveness and consistency.
- Other duties as assigned by the Plant Manager or Regional Manager.
- Possess strong knowledge of production processes, quality controls, safety, costs reduction, and other techniques for the effective manufacture and processing of goods.
- Must be of an analytical mindset and be able to quickly assess large amounts of information and data.
- Proven ability to work with cross functional teams and in a project management environment required.
- Must have the ability to consider and evaluate the relationships between numerous factors.
- Must possess all other qualities critical for managerial success including leadership, self-confidence, motivation, decisiveness, flexibility, sound business judgment, and determination.
- Aware of the principles and processes for providing customer service. Including meeting quality standards and evaluating customer satisfaction.
- Capable of understanding complicated written instructions, memoranda, orders
- Regular, skilled use of word processors and programs and able to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Associates Degree in technical field or High School diploma/general education degree (GED); and 5 years directly related experience and/or training to the essential duties and responsibilities above.
- Bachelor’s Degree in technical field preferred
- Minimum of 5 years of previous work experience in a manufacturing setting, 2 years in a Quality Leadership or Supervisory Role in an ISO/TS or AS/Quality System.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge and understanding of Lean practices with application experience.
- Ability to provide a balance of fairness coupled with accountability in management style as it relates to personnel performance.
- Ability to adhere to company policies and procedures for personnel recruitment, selection, training, compensation and benefits, labor relations and negotiation.
- Strong understanding of root cause analysis processes and the ability to apply them to achieve results.
- Strong understanding of robust Quality Management Systems, ISO compliancy and OSHA regulations and requirements.
- Knowledge of production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the ability to find errors and correct them.
- Some general knowledge of machines and tools, including their design, usage, repair, and maintenance.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Regularly required to stand and walk
- Able to use hands to finger, handle, or feel
- Able to reach with hands and arms
- Able to talk and hear
- Frequently required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
- Able to regularly lift and/or move more than 50 pounds
- Specific vision abilities needed: close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Travel Frequently
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts and risk of electrical shock
- Frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions
- Frequently exposed to high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; extreme cold; extreme heat; and vibration
- Occasionally exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals and outside weather conditions
- Noise level in the work environment is usually loud
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The work environment characteristics described herein are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.