Everyone communicates. It’s the essence of the human experience. How we communicate is evolving. Technology is reshaping the way we live, learn and thrive. The epicenter of this transformation is the network—our passion. Our experts are rethinking the purpose, role and usage of networks to help our customers increase bandwidth, expand capacity, enhance efficiency, speed deployment and simplify migration. From remote cell sites to massive sports arenas, from busy airports to state-of-the-art data centers— we provide the essential expertise and vital infrastructure your business needs to succeed. The world’s most advanced networks rely on CommScope connectivity.
Technology is reshaping the way we live, learn and thrive. In this "always-on" world, we believe it is important to have a genuine connection with the work you do. The epicenter of this transformation is powered by the world's most sophisticated networks - the connectivity we create. Our experienced employees are rethinking the purpose, role and use of our networks across the globe; to increase bandwidth, expand capacity, improve efficiency, speed deployment and simplify migration. From sports arenas to state-of-the-art data centers - we provide opportunities where you can innovate and create, while growing and developing your career. Come connect to your future.
Due to increased customer demand, CommScope has an open position for a Quality Engineer in Catawba, NC.
WHAT TO EXPECT:
This role will implement a unified approach towards quality in CommScope with the intent to deliver high quality products and services in a manner that meets the high standards held by CommScope. This role is encouraged to be a champion of Quality to clients externally and internally. The Quality Engineer will have a role implementing various elements within the areas of Quality.
YOU WILL MAKE AN IMPACT BY:
Driving quality improvement by bringing about a change to a product/ process and improve its dependability. Quality Assurance which is by crafting detailed preventative actions vital to provide confidence that our offerings meet given requirements all the time. Quality Control which involves inspecting and testing efforts to maintain the integrity of a process or product’s.
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITIES/EXPECTATIONS:
- Identify improvement opportunities, support process documentation and metrics identification. Participate in collaborative multi-functional teams to deliver companywide quality solutions incorporating standard methodologies. Participate in improvement projects, establishing benchmarks and best practices and aligning with overall business goals for areas on responsibility.
- Performs the required actions to implement Business Unit and corporate requirements into the local processes and systems that ensures the establishment and maintenance of a robust quality program into and at all sites for which there is responsibility, that align with all company, local or applicable International Quality Standards, as required.
- Performs the necessary actions towards the formulation of standard operating procedures to support the Quality Management System. Supervising local QA processes to verify that the prescribed methods are being followed for the plant
- Evaluate the efficiency of and audit the local quality systems to ensure compliance to all corporate and local policies, as well as compliance with national and international standards and legislation.
- Develop, recommend and implement changes as needed based on evaluation and coordinate the duties/functions of assigned areas of responsibility vital to assure regulatory and accreditation compliance and advises the management on these issues. Compliance with testing and inspection procedures.
- Develop and maintains effective relationship with employees through effective and timely communication. Maintain a level of knowledge, appropriate to job level, of internal systems in-order-to provide support to Quality staff.
- A completed bachelors degree in an engineering field or similar with over 2 years of related experience. Must have Significant experience with sophisticated Quality tools such as; TQM, Six Sigma, SPC, FMEA, PPAP, Control Plans, Root Cause Analysis, Poke Yoke, Kaizen, Lean Manufacturing and developing core processes.
- Ability to develop and implement structured QA processes, procedures and CTQ measures in a manufacturing environment with a confirmed history of setting the standard and raising quality expectations among internal and external customers, at all levels
- Must be familiar with a wide range of reliability, environmental and qualification programs. Ambitious problem solver with excellent verbal and written skills. Excellent decision-making and interpersonal skills. Must be a strong customer advocate with good presentation skills and be able to travel up to 5% of the time
YOU WILL EXCITE US IF YOU:
- Are a Six Sigma Green Belt Certified and have experience in independently leading highly technical, multi-functional, CI projects.
- Have intimate familiarity with ISO9000/TL9000 Quality Systems with implementation or other applicable professional experience
- Possess PMP Certification or CQE certification and have knowledge or training on Minitab
In today’s always-on world, we are pushing the bounds of communications technology. We are building better connections and shaping future networks. For more than 40 years, we’ve been leaders in innovating the network infrastructure of the future. Developments such as the Internet of Things, flawless connectivity, and 5G introduce new requirements and demand creative thinking. With our unmatched expertise in copper, fiber, and wireless infrastructure, our global clients rely on us to outperform today and be ready for the needs of tomorrow. Our upbeat work environment attracts forward-thinking, hardworking, and caring people who strive to build what’s next. We provide our employees with opportunities where they can innovate while growing their careers. We flourish with change and know the value diversity plays in bringing forth new insights and generating better solutions.
It is the policy of CommScope to provide Equal Employment Opportunities to all individuals based on merit, qualifications and abilities. CommScope does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy), national origin, age or any other characteristics as protected by law. Furthermore, this contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a) and 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals on the basis of disability, and require affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals with disabilities.