Everyone communicates. It’s the essence of the human experience. How we communicate is evolving. Technology is reshaping the way we live, learn and thrive. The epicenter of this transformation is the network—our passion. Our experts are rethinking the purpose, role and usage of networks to help our customers increase bandwidth, expand capacity, enhance efficiency, speed deployment and simplify migration. From remote cell sites to massive sports arenas, from busy airports to state-of-the-art data centers— we provide the essential expertise and vital infrastructure your business needs to succeed. The world’s most advanced networks rely on CommScope connectivity.
Technology is reshaping the way we live, learn and thrive. In this "always-on" world, we believe it is meaningful to have a genuine connection with the work you do. The epicenter of this transformation is powered by the world's most sophisticated networks - the connectivity we create. Our experienced employees are rethinking the purpose, role and use of our networks across the globe; to increase bandwidth, expand capacity, improve efficiency, speed deployment and simplify migration. From sports arenas to state-of-the-art data centers - we provide opportunities where you can innovate and create, while growing and developing your career. Come connect to your future.
CommScope is hiring a Quality Engineer III in Catawba, NC
What to Expect:
This role will be the domain specialist for all fiber products and processes and will maintain, support, and train on the Fiber WIP and Fiber AutoTest OTDR applications. As an SME, you will develop the process flow, solve, capture and analyze data/statistics and detailing procedure while ensuring the change control process is followed, and will provide a technical resource to the various fiber production areas onsite.
You Will Make an Impact By:
Maintaining and supporting the fiber optic testing (AutoTest OTDR/OASYS) process and related software. AutoTest OTDR and AutoTest OASYS for the Catawba factory and sister plants that own the fiber test software. This includes ensuring new products introduced into Fiber production at Catawba are added and set up for testing and ensuring changes in test requirements from product engineering are translated into test builds for operations. Ensure Fiber OTDR fleet is maintained and equipment needs are met as product requirements change. Manage application and database. Provide Scrap reports and analysis for Catawba Fiber operations. Automate for individual engineering use as appropriate. Use Fiber WIP Scrap data as source or SAP information in Business Objects. Provide management claim summary reports to quality leadership for Catawba Site. Work with automation departments at Catawba and sister Fiber Cabling plants, and IT to support Fiber information systems as needed.
Scope of Responsibilities/Expectations:
• Add new product codes to the system. Define optical test builds and jacket specifications for existing product. Update new and existing product/test requirements based on approved CMO’s
• Upload fiber glass supplier data files. Maintain the print wheel table as needed. Maintain the Product Code table for the following: AutoTest OTDR/Jacket Test Bench/EFL Test Bench/Scheduling Worksheet/Scrap Form/HV Test Bench
• Generate IMPACT reports, data, and statistics as needed. Author and maintain fiber testing & process related procedures
• Fix level 1 & level 2 issues at the testing and WIP areas. Report system related issues to the Systems Engineering team
• Provide fiber training to operators as needed and look continuous improvement opportunities in the fiber manufacturing processes
• Responsible for equipment calibrations and general maintenance and ensure traceability of products through the standard systems
• Lead PFMEA analysis on new fiber product introductions and product transfers. Build Test Plans, Control plans for fiber optic products as needed.
• A completed Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or a similar technical field with proven experience (5 years) in manufacturing and a background in cable Manufacturing or electrical testing
• Excellent written and oral communications skills.
You Will Excite Us If You:
• Have Database maintenance or other software related skills with experience in data analysis using Minitab or related tool
• Possess prior management or leadership experience
• Have Lean or Black Belt certification
In today’s always-on world, we are pushing the bounds of communications technology. We are building better connections and shaping future networks. For more than 40 years, we’ve been leaders in innovating the network infrastructure of the future. Developments such as the Internet of Things, flawless connectivity, and 5G introduce new requirements and demand creative thinking. With our unmatched expertise in copper, fiber, and wireless infrastructure, our global clients rely on us to outperform today and be ready for the needs of tomorrow. Our upbeat work environment attracts forward-thinking, hardworking, and caring people who strive to build what’s next. We provide our employees with opportunities where they can innovate while growing their careers. We flourish with change and know the value diversity plays in bringing forth new insights and generating better solutions.
It is the policy of CommScope to provide Equal Employment Opportunities to all individuals based on merit, qualifications and abilities. CommScope does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy), national origin, age or any other characteristics as protected by law. Furthermore, this contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a) and 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals on the basis of disability, and require affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals with disabilities.