CommScope is seeking a QA Engineer Intern to join our team! This role will allow you to work from anywhere within the US.Learn More About Internship Programs at CommScope
As CommScope designs and builds connectivity for the world's most sophisticated networks, we're building something equally as important: careers for forward-thinking college students like you. Our Summer Internship Program is crafted to provide you an invaluable work experience through completing exciting projects to help you grow and develop.
Throughout the 12-week program, you will collaborate with some of the best in the industry, receive on the job training, and participate in professional development workshops, executive speaker series, and other networking and social events!What to Expect:
As a QA Engineering Intern, you will support the teams that are responsible for product quality of Home Networks products under the cable modem and Wi-Fi gateway product line (DOCSIS) as well as set-top box video product line. These products provide the key access points from the consumer’s home to the internet as well as provide security and access to channel line ups of Cable and Telco providers. You will work closely with the engineering, operations, quality, New Product Introduction and procurement organizations in the end-to-end process of bringing products to market while supporting the current product portfolio.How You’ll Help Us Connect the World
- Tackling projects to drive quality improvement in one or more product lines.
- Using quality tools to identify failure rate trends and isolate trouble spots.
- Partnering with senior-level engineers in analyzing product failures and resolving customer issues.
- Recommending changes to improve product performance, quality, and cost.
- Analyze product and/or component level failures for the root cause.
- Currently pursuing a BS, BA in Industrial Engineering (or related fields such as ME or EE), or Business/Business Management from an accredited university.
- Junior or Senior (if pursuing Master’s immediately upon graduation) standing preferable.
- Proven strong academic performer with a minimum GPA of 3.2.
- Ability to work in the US without sponsorship now or in the future.
- Ability to join teleconferences at odd hours.
In today’s always on world, CommScope is pushing the bounds of communications technology. We are building better connections and shaping networks of the future. For more than 40 years, we’ve been leaders in innovating the network infrastructure of the future. Developments such as the Internet of Things, seamless connectivity and 5G introduce new requirements and demand creative thinking. With our unmatched expertise in copper, fiber and wireless infrastructure, our global clients rely on us to outperform today and be ready for the needs of tomorrow.
The candidate for this position is not eligible for benefits. Anticipated hourly rate dependent on major and year in school: $19.00 - 30.50/hr.
It is the policy of CommScope to provide Equal Employment Opportunities to all individuals based on merit, qualifications and abilities. CommScope does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy), national origin, age or any other characteristics as protected by law. Furthermore, this contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a) and 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals on the basis of disability, and require affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals with disabilities.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.