Our fast-paced manufacturing firm is seeking a Quality Control Technician. This position will provide the successful candidate with the chance to apply their knowledge, learn new skills, and work as a team within a clean and safe environment. The ideal candidate for this role has 1- 2 years production welding experience, pays strong attention to detail, has excellent attendance and is committed to workplace safety. We offer excellent medical, vision, and dental insurance as well as retirement benefits, PTO and paid holidays. This position is at our Metal Plant in Hickory, NC. This is a 2nd shift position, Monday-Friday, 3:30 PM - 11:30 PM. Listed below are the Qualifications and Requirements for the position.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs inspection of fabricated, assembled parts and weldments using a wide range of gages, tools, and equipment. Capable of determining inspection set-up of complicated parts with little or no guidance.
- Assist/Direct with product inspection and disposition in Manufacturing, raw material inspection and disposition, work instructions, gage instructions, pack instructions, sorting activities, PPAP activities, Gauge R&R, Layout inspection, Capability studies, and handling disposition of returns.
- Identify, record, and report any problems with manufacturing process to appropriate personnel.
- Assist with root cause investigation of non-conformances or suspect conditions.
- Has knowledge and makes use of sampling plans.
- Performs calibration of tools and gages.
- Plans and performs work accurately and in a cost-efficient manner.
- Ability to prepare and deliver presentations to small groups or peers.
- Maintains appropriate documentation to meet company ISO requirement.
- Work with limited supervision.
- Communicate well with others and work in a manner to support team environment.
- Perform to company 6S standard. Maintain a safe and clean work area.
- Assist with improvement activities.
- Overtime may be frequent in this positions and/or weekend coverage.
- Must be able to use calipers, micrometers, tape measure, industrial size hand tools.
- Must be able to work in a team environment and take direction well.
- Must be able to communicate effectively.
- Must have a High School Diploma or GED.
- Must be trained in applicable quality system (ISO 9001) procedures and work instruction.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, & Excel)
- Must be able to follow the direction of the plant as it relates to Safety, Quality, and the Elimination of Waste.
- Knowledge of Lean Principles is a plus.
- Knowledge of SPC is a plus.
- Must be able to perform other duties within the scope of job assignment as assigned by Supervisor.
- Must perform duties in compliance with all safety rules and regulations required by the Company, Local,