Overall responsibility for metallurgy (ferrous) principles and practices, material failure analysis, production technical support, communication through all organization, customer complaint handling and communications, rod material quality evaluation and vendor communications, experience of heat treatment and hard drawing, familiarity of ISO 9001 Quality System, documents and records controls, CA/PA coordination, knowledge of statistic technique skills, flexibility to work in a team, computer skills of Microsoft Word, and Excel.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Management and maintenance of QC laboratory.
- Lab equipment maintenance and development.
- Lab supplies maintenance and purchasing.
- Rod Specifications maintenance and revisions.
- Rod suppliers’ quality performance evaluation.
- New/trial rod materials evaluation and follow up.
- Customer complaints technical support and handling.
- Material failure analysis to all aspects of rod, wire and finished parts.
- Production technical support regarding material selection, problem solving, heat treatment practice, HD, and others.
- Rod or wire samples to rod supplier or independent lab.
- Assist in Maintenance and implementation of ISO Quality System.
- Assist with internal audit.
- Assist with CA issuance, maintenance, and follow-up.
- Assist with Documents and records controls.
- Assist other HSM locations with metallurgical needs.
- Occasional travel to customer, vendor/supplier, and other HSM facilities as necessary.
Education, Experience, and Skills Requirements:
- Four-year degree in a metallurgy discipline or related field or equivalent experience of years on Heat Treatment and hard drawing.
- Strong background in steel characterization and strong skills of material failure analysis.
- Knowledge of metallurgy principles and practices.
- Familiarity with ISO 9001 Quality System.
- Familiarity at ASTM Standards and others.
- Must be familiar at Statistic techniques, such as Minitab14 or others.
- Must have experience of laboratory working environment.
- Requires integrity, independent action, originality, evaluation and judgment.
- Strong communication and presentation skills with the ability to effectively present information one-on-one, or in small group situations to customers, clients and other employees of the organization.
- Solid computer skills and data manipulation (Excel, Word, Microsoft Office, Power Point, JD Edwards).
- Must be of an analytical mindset and be able to quickly assess large amounts of information and data.
- Must possess thorough knowledge of product and production processes.
- Must possess all other qualities critical for managerial success including leadership, self-confidence, motivation, decisiveness, flexibility, sound business judgment, and determination.
- Maintain the highest level of confidentiality regarding sensitive information and/or records.