Learn More About Internship Programs at Commscope
As Commscope designs and builds connectivity for the world's most advanced networks, we're building something equally as important: careers for bright college students like you. Our Summer Internship Program is designed to provide you an invaluable work experience through completing challenging projects to help you grow and develop.
Throughout the 12-week program, you will collaborate with some of the best in the industry, receive on the job training and participate in professional development workshops, executive speaker series, and other networking and social events!
What to Expect:
As a SQA Engineering Intern, you will be responsible for:
Testing the latest hardware and software release for the E6000 CCAP HeadEnd product
Testing the latest hardware and software release for the GEN1 and GEN2 Remote Phy products
You will work closely with the SQA Engineering organization in Suwanee and development groups in a multi-site effort including Lisle, IL, Lowell, MA, and Cork, Ireland.
You Will Make an Impact By:
- Testing software releases for the Commscope CCAP integrated voice, high speed data, and video high density headend platform
- Testing hardware and software releases for the Commscope Distributed Access technology
- Developing test programs to verify software functionality
- Assisting in engineering changes to lab routing networks
- Installing new support servers and software
- Interconnecting lab elements to form a test bed to emulate customer application of Commscope headend products
Required Qualifications for Consideration
- Junior or Senior standing in a BS, BA, or Masters degree program of study Computer Science, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, or Electrical/Electronic Engineering from an accredited university
- Proven strong academic performer with a minimum GPA of 3.2
- Eligible to work in the US for any employer without sponsorship from the company
In today's always on world, Commscope is pushing the bounds of communications technology. We are building better connections and shaping the networks of the future. for more than 40 years, we've been leaders in innovating the network infrastructure of the future. Developments such as the Internet of Things, seamless connectivity and 5G introduce new requirements and demand creative thinking. With our unmatched expertise in copper, fiber, and wireless infrastructure, our global clients rely on us to outperform today and be ready for the needs of tomorrow.
It is the policy of CommScope to provide Equal Employment Opportunities to all individuals based on merit, qualifications and abilities. CommScope does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy), national origin, age or any other characteristics as protected by law. Furthermore, this contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a) and 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals on the basis of disability, and require affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals with disabilities.