This job is archived
The QC Technician is responsible for providing quality control by consistently meeting quality and schedule commitments. The QC Technician works closely with the Regional Quality Manager and Plant Managers to assure compliance to the HSM quality program, program schedule, and certifications. This individual is responsible for adhering to quality requirements of customer expectations/orders and compliance to the Quality Program. HSM is seeking qualified candidates for the Quality Control Tech position. Listed below are the Qualifications and Requirements for the position.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- The following reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
- Perform the Quality Control function on all incoming materials.
- Assure Quality Control function on all outgoing products. Measuring tolerances, verifying paperwork and adherence to work instructions, assuring customer's requirements are met, and testing functional specifications, when required.
- Assist in writing or modifying work instructions and acceptance test procedures for incoming material inspection and final product testing.
- Provide reports to management regarding yields and other quality measurements.
- Assist with internal audits to assure compliance to the quality management system.
- Demonstrates ethical and professional behavior in accordance with company values
- Performs job duties in a manner that maintains compliance with environmental, health and safety regulations, policies and procedures
- All other assignments as required.
- Inspection data analysis
- Internal quality audit performance
- Customer satisfaction
- Supplier performance
- Process performance
- Corrective/preventive action performance
- HS Diploma or equivalent
- Prior Quality Control or Technician experience 1-3 years; 3-5 years preferred.
- Lean Manufacturing and/or Six Sigma Green Belt experience desired
- Computer skills with Microsoft Office.
- Knowledge of manufacturing tools and principles.
- Knowledge of technical plans, drawings, and models desired.
- Knowledge of ISO 9001 Quality Management Systems a plus.
- Ability to read measuring devices (i.e – tape measure, etc.)
- Ability to interact with Vendors/Suppliers, Customers and Auditors
- Ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing
- Ability to read and interpret work instructions
- Detail oriented, and possess the ability to make timely decisions
- Ability to work in a fast paced manufacturing environment and possess a willingness to accept accountability for one's own actions
- Willing to take on new projects and learn additional aspects of the operation