This job is archived
Performs various tasks necessary to maintain the QMS, investigate non-conformances, and monitor operations on the plant floor for quality assurance. Also supports ISO 9001, 6S, Metrics and Lean manufacturing processes and data.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
(This description is a general statement of required major duties and responsibilities performed on a regular and continual basis. It does not exclude other duties that may be assigned.)
- Maintenance of the QMS including development, implementation, review, and managing changes.
- Monitoring and evaluation of the QMS for effectiveness
- Organize, manage, and lead internal audits, corrective actions, and management reviews.
- Compare and record measurements taken from product to part prints, models, master parts, or customer specification sheets
- Investigation of customer complaints and corrective action requests.
- Inspection and auditing of sewing processes and operations
- Inspection of product including identification of non conforming product
- Reads and interprets engineering prints to specific parts
- Conducts and performs Gage R&R, PPAPs, PFMEA, and First Pass Yields of all processes, new and existing parts
- Assist in training and evaluation of training of plant personnel
- Modifies work instructions including digital photos to achieve customer satisfaction on quality requirements.
- Authorization of release of conforming product
- Ensure in-process quality checks are performed per our quality plans, recognize quality problems, and suggest adjustments to ensure that orders are manufactured and shipped to specifications.
- Identify and record any problems relating to the product, process and the quality system.
- Ensures the promotion of awareness of customer requirements throughout the organization.
- Participate in the implementation and sustain ISO 9001. Participate in sustaining data with Metrics / 6S and Lean manufacturing processes.
- Interacts with sales, production, and customer to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Assist customer service, sales and management in tracking, trending, and resolving customer complaints / concerns.
- Other duties as assigned by manager.
- Reports to the Quality Manager.
- Must be at least 18 years of age to perform this job.
- Must have cooperative attitude, do what is necessary, hands on attitude.
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills
- Time management skills, multi tasked
- Minimum HS Diploma or GED
- Minimum of 6 months of previous work experience in a manufacturing setting preferred, but not required for consideration.
- QC experience in a manufacturing industry preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledgeable in ISO9001:2015 – Certification as ISO9001:2015 Internal Auditor would be preferred, but not required.
- Knowledge in GD&T and engineering print reading
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed written or oral instructions.
- Arithmetic including basic math, geometry, and statistics
- PC literate to include MS Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook
- Ability to read and interpret part prints including CAD models
- Ability to lead various cross functional teams in Root Cause analysis
- Ability to develop systems and tools to track, manage, maintain, and improve quality systems.
- Ability to interface with customers effectively including phone calls, emails and face to face.
- Proficient in English (verbal/written) communication skills.
- Understanding of Lean Principles and Six Sigma would be preferred but not initially required.
- Statistical Process Control experience and understanding would be helpful but not initially required.
- Ability to stand, bend at waist, stretch or reach, walk, and twist frequently.
- Ability to visually differentiate lengths, shapes, and diameters.
- Ability to occasionally lift up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to work in hot or cold environments.
- Will be subject to moderate noise from machines.
- The temperature in this work area may be in excess of 100 degrees Fahrenheit, during the summer months.
- The starting time or ending time of the shift as well as days of the week working may vary dependent upon organizational needs.
Tools / Equipment:
The following are tools and equipment that are typically used in the day-to-day performance of these job duties. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Tape measure and other common hand held measurement devices that read in digital, analog, stop watch, vernier and caliper.
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The work environment characteristics described herein are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.