This job is archived
Everyone communicates. It’s the essence of the human experience. How we communicate is evolving. Technology is reshaping the way we live, learn and thrive. The epicenter of this transformation is the network—our passion. Our experts are rethinking the purpose, role and usage of networks to help our customers increase bandwidth, expand capacity, enhance efficiency, speed deployment and simplify migration. From remote cell sites to massive sports arenas, from busy airports to state-of-the-art data centers— we provide the essential expertise and vital infrastructure your business needs to succeed. The world’s most advanced networks rely on CommScope connectivity.
Technology is reshaping the way we live, learn and thrive. In this "always-on" world, we believe it's essential to have a genuine connection with the work you do. The epicenter of this transformation is powered by the world's most advanced networks - the connectivity we create. Our expert employees are rethinking the purpose, role and use of our networks across the globe; to increase bandwidth, expand capacity, improve efficiency, speed deployment and simplify migration. From sports arenas to state-of-the-art data centers - we provide opportunities where you can innovate and create, while growing and developing your career. Come connect to your future.
Due to increased customer demand CommScope an open positions for Quality Technician to support Cable Manufacturing Operations in Catawba, NC. This position works second shift hours 6:30 pm to 6:30 am from Monday to Thursday
As a member of global manufacturing team, we are looking for a motivated and meticulous individual who would assist the Total Quality Manager and partner with Quality engineers in developing, maintaining, and auditing the operations and support processes and systems that are intended to assure the quality of the products manufactured. Prepare and publish timely reports describing contributions to business using suitable formats for communication, supported by knowledge of methods for data collection, mining and analysis. You will achieve corporate quality policy objectives by actively participating and contributing to teams using one or more methodologies (PDCA, 8D, 5-Why, GRR, FMEA, Lean or Six Sigma). You will be expected to prepare an action plan for training, complete a project and achieve certified status for Six Sigma Green Belt
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Technical Knowledge: Meet or exceed proficiency levels for primary and back-up work assignments; ensure that backup(s) are capable to do the job in event of absence. Prepare and conduct training sessions addressing relevant issues, with operators, testers and other personal as needed.
- ISO Quality Management Systems: Knowledge of the QMS, including areas of assigned responsibility, keep authored procedures current and build new as needed including Testing, Calibration, Sampling, Surveillance, Checklists development, Inspection, Procedure Development, Documentation Control.
- Control of Non Conforming Material/Hold Administration: Hold Tag and coordinated Material Return Authorization, Material Review Board and Return to Vendor Systems: Plan, coordinate, detail and execute systems in a timely, accurate manner, assuring applicable areas are in compliance with CommScope policies and procedures.
- High school diploma(or equivalent) with two years of experience.
- Knowledgeable on 5S/Lean
- Experience with the development of standard work process/documentation.
- Strong math, verbal and written communication skills along with proficiency in MS Word and excel
- Six Sigma Green Belt and/or Lean Manufacturing Certification.
- Broad knowledge of Fiber, & Coax products and operations
- Knowledge on SAP and Microsoft Power Point experience.
- Statistical knowledge and software experience.
- Previous experience in a Quality Technician role and working with test equipment
Our dynamic work environment attracts forward-thinking, hardworking, and caring people who strive to build what’s next. We provide our employees with opportunities where they can innovate and build, while growing and developing their careers. We thrive with change and know the value diversity plays in bringing forth new insights and generating better solutions.
It is the policy of CommScope to provide Equal Employment Opportunities to all individuals based on merit, qualifications and abilities. CommScope does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy), national origin, age or any other characteristics as protected by law. Furthermore, this contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a) and 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals on the basis of disability, and require affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals with disabilities.