Summary: The individual supports execution of Engineering projects for the TSM division within HSM. This include initiating, developing, tracking, validating, and accurately documenting all details related to the project. They will work cross functionally within HSM, influence project decisions, and coordinate technical reviews with project stakeholders. This role will report directly to the Engineering Manager in Huntersville, NC.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage engineering projects start to finish as directed from the engineering manager
- Formalize project data and present project progression on a regular basis
- Provide metal fabrication expertise to the numerous HSM locations and collaborate with all HSM departments
- Identify project gaps and present alternative avenues to any hurdles
- Identify cost down opportunities on current steel products
- Utilize software simulations to facilitate design decisions for engineering
- Vert comfortable with 3D modeling and 2D drawing creation
- Support insuring product compliance to FMVSS regulations with the support of our engineering resources
- Travel as necessary to satisfy the above
Qualifications: Education / Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Minimum FEA experience of 2 years
- Minimum 5 years of experience working directly with manufacturing
- Minimum of 2 years leading and managing engineering projects
- Experience across metal fabrication technologies expected
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient with AutoCAD, Inventor, Microsoft Office, Smart Sheet, and collaborative software such as Smart Sheet and Go-To-Meeting
- Self-motivating and purposeful in the execution of tasks
The engineering project manager is in charge of leading design and seeing product to fruition for HSM. They are responsible for developing solutions to challenges brought forth internally or by customers. The scope of their efforts will touch a variety of new products as well as existing products.
The basic duties for this position include directing and managing projects from beginning to end, determining the scope and milestone for each project, including resource and cost estimates, and providing support for the successful completion of each project. The position requires an innate ability to balance multiple different tasks and projects as various levels of complexity.