Learn More About Internship Programs at CommScope
As CommScope designs and builds connectivity for the world's most advanced networks, we're building something equally as important: careers for bright college students like you. Our Summer Internship Program is designed to provide you an invaluable work experience through completing challenging projects to help you grow and develop.
Throughout the 12-week program, you will collaborate with some of the best in the industry, receive on the job training and participate in professional development workshops, executive speaker series, and other networking and social events!
What to Expect:
As a Product Line Management Intern, you will be responsible for market support of the fiber optic equipment product line. You will work closely with the PLM teams to provide support with market research and analysis, product lifecycle management, product pricing, product line planning, and new product development.
You Will Make an Impact By:
- Assisting PLM team to create inventory management and shipping processes, coordinating quotes, bid preparation, product loads, and cost inquiries.
- Conducting market research, monitoring competitive activity and identifying customer needs to define new product requirements. Gather and analyze competitive intelligence and messaging.
- Analyzing sales and other financial data using Excel and/or Access concerning market penetration and expansion, product modification, and new product development.
- Working with engineering, manufacturing and sales to develop new products or enhance existing product(s) or product line(s) to improve the user experience.
- Prioritizing the implementation of new features and set timelines.
- Monitoring and report on users' reactions post launch.
- Creating support and training documents for internal and external users. Support sales and marketing presentations and demonstrations for additional technical expertise on specific products, applications, or markets.
- Performing quality assurance controls on products. Participating in system configuration.
Required Qualifications for Consideration:
- Junior or Senior standing in a BS, BA or master’s degree in engineering, business, finance or equivalent from an accredited university
- Proven strong academic performer with a minimum GPA of 3.25
- Eligible to work in the US for any employer without sponsorship from the company
You Will Excite Us If You:
- Possess a high-energy level, strong work ethic and desire to learn.
- Have strong inter-personal and communication (verbal and written) skills.
- Have strong analytical and problem-solving skills and maintains the ability to complete tasks on time and perform well under time constraints.
- Are proficient in Microsoft Office, especially Excel (V-look ups, pivot tables, graphs, charts, etc.).
- Have a general understanding, aptitude, and curiosity about how things are made and how can they be made better.
- Demonstrate strong leadership, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Show innovation through unique ideas and propose them to the team.
In today’s always on world, CommScope is pushing the bounds of communications technology. We are building better connections and shaping networks of the future. For more than 40 years, we’ve been leaders in innovating the network infrastructure of the future. Developments such as the Internet of Things, seamless connectivity and 5G introduce new requirements and demand creative thinking. With our unmatched expertise in copper, fiber and wireless infrastructure, our global clients rely on us to outperform today and be ready for the needs of tomorrow.
It is the policy of CommScope to provide Equal Employment Opportunities to all individuals based on merit, qualifications and abilities. CommScope does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy), national origin, age or any other characteristics as protected by law. Furthermore, this contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a) and 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals on the basis of disability, and require affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals with disabilities.