Primary focus is to maintain plant records by operating software and updating information on the Pattern Management System. Designs to insure accuracy to customer specifications, using advanced digital and plotting software. Insures quality control process sampling systems, procedures, designs, specifies inspection of completed sample and analyzes production limitations / standards. Recommends revision of specifications when indicated. 1st Shift 7:00 am-3:00 pm. This position will be based in our Lenoir Location after a period of training in Hickory.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Confidentiality of Company sensitive materials; patterns, specifications, costing, customer base and vendors, etc.
- Working knowledge of: CAD, United Software, Baumer CAP, Nester, and Eastman
- Assist in the transition from pattern design development to manufacturing prototype sample sketches
- Assist in making changes in methods, design or equipment processes when deemed necessary
- Prepares and distributes records by running records programs, creating hard copies of reports, verifying and reviewing information in conjunction with customer, sales representative and manufacturing liaison.
- Resolves design problems by providing technical assistance to manufacturing and sales departments
- Contributes to record keeping effectiveness by identifying and addressing issues; providing information and explanation relevant to operations; recommending options and corrective actions.
- Assist in providing technical support to customers
- Maintain sharing of critical information with various divisions
- Strong computer skills and the ability to convert analyzed data into a finished product within specifications. Must have additional support computer knowledge (Word, Excel and Office Outlook)
- Strong leadership skills and work ethic, a creative thinker with the ability to multi-task
- Must be able to move into a local Foam Fabrication plant (Claremont, Hiddenite, or Lenoir) after training in our Hickory location with some traveling to other Foam Fabrication sites for training or back-up.
- Must have 2 plus years of experience of strong technical manufacturing in a fast-paced environment with the ability to interface with CNC equipment/CNC routers/Nestor programming.
- Must have a strong working knowledge of blueprint reading, CAD, Solidworks, AutoCAD or other drafting software. Preferred experience with Wincap 3.0, and Solidworks/Driveworks.
- Must be able to ensure maximum utilization of material while programming customer products or patterns to specifications and be able to use a tape measure, micrometer, calipers and other hand tools.
- Pattern making and/or spec development experience preferred.
- Prefer additional working knowledge of JDE/PeoplesSoft skills, LEAN, math skills, strong spec, and digitizing development skills.
- Must have a High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Must be able to communicate proficiently and work in a team environment, but be able to work with little or no supervision.