Our fast-paced manufacturing firm is seeking an Inventory Control Technician. This position will provide the successful candidate with the chance to apply their knowledge, learn new skills, and work as a team within a clean and safe environment. The ideal candidate for this role has a minimum of 6 months experience in the manufacturing sector, pays strong attention to detail, has excellent attendance and is committed to workplace safety. We offer excellent medical, vision, and dental insurance as well as retirement benefits, PTO and paid holidays. HSM is seeking qualified candidates at our location in Phoenix, AZ.
Performs various tasks to verify piece count, record, tag and store parts are staging area or primary location.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
(This description is a general statement of required major duties and responsibilities performed on a regular and continual basis. It does not exclude other duties that may be assigned.)
- Basic maintenance of Forklift to include safety inspection report
- Safe transportation of products and supplies to assigned areas
- Packaging of products where required
- Management of inventory and reporting of inventory levels
- Assist Lead or supervisor in direction of work as assigned
- Identification of product through tagging and management of product tags
- Record production where is assigned
- Actively participate in housekeeping requirements for the department
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor
- Formal education is not required
- Minimum of 6 months of previous work experience in a manufacturing setting preferred, but not required for consideration
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but involved written or oral instructions
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization
- Ability to become licensed Forklift operator
- Ability to read products tags
- Ability to communicate inventory information to Lead and supervisor
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
The physical and environmental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the essential functions of this job the employee is required to sit for extended periods of time, stand and use hands to grasp, handle or feel. Employee may on occasion be required to speak, hear, walk, bend, stoop, kneel, crouch, lift and/or move up to 40 pounds. Employee may also be requested to extended shifts, work overtime, and/or weekends. Employee must be willing and able to abide by all safety policies.
Duties are performed primarily at a manufacturing setting and may expose employee to loud noise levels, extreme temperatures, chemicals and fumes, and moving mechanical parts. Work is completed in a non-climate controlled plant environment and employee will have frequent interaction with managers and other employees. Standard hazards within a manufacturing plant where safety precautions and personal protective equipment must be maintained at all times.