The Plant Manager directs and coordinates the operations of seat manufacturing & assembly. Manages utilization of equipment, facilities, and personnel to obtain maximum efficiency and meet performance objectives. Knowledge of business and management principles involved in resource allocation, human resources modeling, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resources is needed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
(This description is a general statement of required major duties and responsibilities performed on a regular and continual basis. It does not exclude other duties that may be assigned.)
- Monitor all internal systems for accuracy and compliance with company rules, standards, expectations, and applicable laws.
- Assist in creating KPI, Key performance indicators for the site. Drive the culture to these metrics through visual data and match to site and personnel performance data.
- Controls significant manufacturing projects, plans and schedules facility assignments, and sets priorities to meet overall site KPI’s and drive continuous improvement with emphasis on streamlining the process
- Monitor operational costs to established plant budget. Review sales forecast and appropriately adjust cost to surpass profitability targets.
- Identifies opportunities that best utilize the location’s infrastructure and meet customer requirements.
- Supports Sales and cross-functional teams to proactively develop product and service solutions.
- Resolves problems by adjusting priorities, schedules and the reassignment of workforce when necessary.
- Control obsolete and excess inventory, provide inventory models to maintain inventory effectively and accurately, and controlling cash flow requirements
- Monitors corrective actions to ensure the location is improving quality, efficiency, service, profits by analyzing and enhancing those actions and instilling a culture of continuous improvement
- Confirms the location(s) is meeting contractual obligations to the customer.
- Ensures sufficient capacity is available within the location to carry out the objectives and delivery of products. Effectively look for way to increase capacity while decreasing foot print
- Reviews all internal and external reporting. Review and approve hourly payroll information. Review and approval all team member actions.
- Analyzes technology, resource needs, and market demand, to plan and assess the feasibility of projects.
- Analyzes operations to evaluate performance of the location(s) and its staff in meeting objectives, and to determine areas of potential cost reduction and improvements.
- Knows and understands all company policies. Ensure all policies and procedures are managed consistently across their site as well as match the other sites within your division
- Ensures the use of proper safety PPE, equipment and work method. Maintains constant awareness of unsafe and hazardous conditions and practices.
- Motivates, outlines and delegates methods to surpass all company goals.
- Approves and monitors work completion and performance by contractors.
- Is the Champion for Continuous Improvement and leads entire team to develop actions that drive waste out of all processes and products (cost reductions).
- Leads the facility’s safety process with cross-functional team that implements behavioral based safety systems
- Conducts performance reviews on salaried/clerical subordinates. Conduct employee meetings, counsel and bring resolution to team member issues.
- Travel to other locations, customers, and suppliers may be required (less than 25%).
- Communicating with Supervisors, Peers, and Subordinates; Getting Information, Making Decisions and Solving Problems; Developing Objectives and Strategies.
- Establishing and Maintaining Interpersonal Relationships; Communicating with Persons Outside the Division; Developing and Building Teams; Resolving Conflicts and Negotiating with Others; Selling or Influencing Others; Analyzing Data or Information.
- Drive Automated daily metrics for the floor as well as hold other accountable to those goals
- Effectively coach and or mentor site to improve overall performance and efficiencies
- Prepare weekly, monthly, and quarterly performance updates of the operation to be presented to management to highlight improvements and abnormal conditions including immediate actions for improvements.
- Above average knowledge of the Business Management process required
- Working knowledge of all Microsoft office program, basic knowledge of JDE or like system, basic knowledge of Autocad, Basic knowledge of costing methodologies, Basic knowledge of visual metrics, maintenance performance criteria and metrics.
- Must possess thorough knowledge of product and production processes
- Must have highly developed interpersonal skills
- Must be of an analytical mindset and be able to quickly assess large amounts of information and data
- Proven ability to work with cross functional teams and in a project management environment required
- Must have the ability to consider and evaluate the relationships between numerous factors
- Must possess all other qualities critical for managerial success including leadership, self-confidence, motivation, decisiveness, flexibility, sound business judgment, and determination
- Education to a Bachelors Degree, preferred.
- Equivalent to seven years increasingly responsible experience in a manufacturing facility required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Experience proving strong and effective leadership skills.
- Experience managing multiple departments and/or shifts.
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes (required), specific assembly operations (preferred)
- Ability to extract and compile a range of data from written sources, individuals, or multiple work orders
- Ability to effectively present information and answer questions from managers, customers, sales force, etc.
- ISO/TS experience preferred, but not required.
- Ability for implementation of Lean Principles (required).
- Managerial experience in automotive industry operations (preferred)
- Ability to lead various cross functional teams in Root Cause analysis.
- Ability to develop systems and tools to track, manage, maintain, and improve quality systems.
- Ability to solve practical problems and apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions.
- Personal computer and software programs, including Microsoft Office Suite, JD Edwards or similar ERP system.