This role is responsible for managing all aspects of the planning, development, testing, implementation, data management, people analytics and reporting and user support for human resource technology. The manager has responsibility over a small team of analysts and shared services support.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manages all aspects of the planning, development, testing, implementation, data management, customer reporting and user support for human resource information systems (HRIS), including integration with other business applications as appropriate.
- Identifies and analyzes root causes of issues impacting systems functionality and user experience through system testing and user feedback. Recommends, evaluates, and implements business process improvements, technology solutions and/or updates to improve and enhance the system.
- Leads the planning, execution and implementation of HRIS projects. Plans and facilitates change management for HR systems within scope of responsibility.
- Responsible for driving people analytics initiative. Provide management support to the HR function in the areas of people metrics, complex reporting, and predictive analytics.
- Ensures the design, development and distribution of standard ad-hoc reports and integrity of key HR data sets to facilitate insight and decision making by management and staff.
- Create dashboards/scorecards and executive presentations on key HR metrics.
- Supervises a team of HRIS professionals, including selection, development and performance management.
- Maintain awareness of processes and technology trends in HRIS to anticipate and prepare for future opportunities or emerging HR technology solutions with consideration for business and user needs. Collaborates with software vendors to leverage relationships and user communities.
- Identifies training needs of end users, super users and system administrators. Develops training content and facilitates the delivery of training and instructional support to facilitate user productivity in collaboration with internal and/or external resources.
- Develops, documents, and manages shared business processes. Prioritizes business processes based on impact risk and importance to business operations. Develops and administers service level agreements, control standards and issue escalation matrix to ensure policy and process compliance.
- Work cross functionally to develop trust while relying upon data to present an idea or alternative solution
- Manage new projects and coordinate with other departments
Strongly Preferred Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree and 5-7 years of experience in human resource information systems or related technology required, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience with systems testing, administration, and reporting required.
- Experience working in one of the following systems strongly preferred: Workday, UltiPro, ADP, Kronos
- Supervisory/management experience strongly preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Extensive knowledge of information systems, data management and reporting
- Knowledge of HRIS and HR functions, policies and processes
- Supervisory skills including selection, delegation, development and performance management
- ·Ability to serve as the domain expert for HR data and analytics
- Written and verbal communication skills, including preparing and delivering presentations
- Ability to think and operate in terms of business strategy, then translate strategy into tactical deliverables
- Ability to assume responsibility and exercise good judgment in making decisions within the scope of authority of the position
- Ability to think and work effectively under pressure
- Accurately complete tasks within established timeframes
- Ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Computer skills in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Outlook, PowerPoint) with advanced proficiency with Excel
- Organizational, project and process management skills
- Quantitative and qualitative analytical skills
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to influence people across functions and at all levels of the organization
- Ability to establish and maintain effective and cooperative working relationships with staff and others contacted in the course of the work
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
- Partial remote job. Occasional visits to corporate office will be required.