Responsible for the timely planning, scheduling, releasing, expediting and on-time delivery of assigned products and services consistent with JD Edwards (JDE) MRP requirements and/or longer term customer forecasts. The position is further responsible for maintaining extremely high service levels while adhering to Branch Plant or Divisional inventory targets.
- Manages assigned commodity groups and works with Branch Plant/Divisional production scheduling, production, sales, customer service, quality and engineering departments to understand requirements.
- Creates and maintains supplier schedules to ensure product deliveries that allow extremely high service levels with minimal inventory investment and production disruptions.
- Generates daily JDE MRP reports for assigned Branch Plants and generates purchase orders for required products and services.
- Generates select customer forecasts for long-term planning of products having lead times for which the JDE MRP horizon is insufficient for product planning.
- Reviews supplier open order reports and MRP expedite flags and initiates expedite requests to avoid supply disruptions.
- Assure that problems relating to delivery, quality or pricing are promptly conveyed to the supplier and are resolved in a timely manner per established procedures.
- Processes all documentation for the disposition of non-conforming product.
- Initiates purchase orders and amendments for parts, services, and/or special tools; arranges for submission and inspection of sample products as required; close coordination with plant engineering to assure timely execution of product and services sourcing activities.
- Coordinates as appropriate, quality matters and engineering changes/developments between company activities and suppliers.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred with emphasis in business administration and/or supply chain with minimum of eight (8) years of progressively responsible purchasing, scheduling, and materials control experience in a high-velocity manufacturing environment.
- Personal computer skills, proficiency with Microsoft Office, ERP systems (JD Edwards preferred) experience and proficiency with planning and procurement modules, along with other related software and knowledge of purchasing/accounting processes required. Candidate must have excellent verbal and written communications skill set.
Performance Behavior Requirements (Competencies): The following list describes the performance behaviors necessary to meet the minimum requirements.
- Commitment: Takes the lead in recommending and establishing aggressive personal goals and objectives. Makes a commitment to assist others in learning new skills and processes. Encourages others to assume responsibilities in the normal course of their daily work and provides assistance to help others develop their own level of commitment.
- Entrepreneurship: Performs work with a constant awareness of improving processes necessary for positive growth. Uses knowledge and skill sets to take calculated risks and does so confidently and successfully.
- Innovation: Develops innovative ideas and incorporates them effectively into work processes. Works with others to incorporate these positive ideas into daily practice. Assists others in implementing their ideas and makes recommendations for further improvements.
- Judgment: Acts as a sounding board for others prior to decisions. Is looked upon by others as someone with sound judgment and is a resource for them. Makes excellent decisions that result in improved production and workflow.
- Leadership: Assumes a natural leadership role for all employees in the classification.
- Perseverance: Has the ability to complete tasks ahead of schedule while assisting others on techniques to improve their performance. Always willing to go the extra mile to complete projects on schedule. Does not give up on tasks until completed in a quality manner.
- Professionalism: Encourages and reminds others to act in a businesslike and professional manner. Takes extra effort to improve knowledge and skills to be the best in the profession. Adheres to the highest level of professionalism by demonstrating honesty, integrity and maturity.
- Rigor/Self-Discipline: Communicates clearly and effectively to others the steps in a process and the importance of following that process. Clearly understands the rationale for why processes must follow certain steps. Can identify multiple projects and prioritize them in order to meet required deadlines. Can take exiting project information and align others effectively within the department to achieve desired results. Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Teamwork: Leads others in a team problem solving process. Prompts others to contribute knowledge and information to assist the team. Keeps the team focused and on track and resolves any interpersonal issues arising that may jeopardize team success.