This job is archived
Learn More About Internship Programs at CommScope
As CommScope designs and builds connectivity for the world's most advanced networks, we're building something equally as important: careers for bright college students like you. Our Summer Internship Program is designed to provide you an invaluable work experience through completing challenging projects to help you grow and develop.
Throughout the 12-week program, you will collaborate with some of the best in the industry, receive on the job training and participate in professional development workshops, executive speaker series, and other networking and social events!
What to Expect:
As a Hyperscale Strategic Account Manager Intern, you will be responsible for supporting the hyperscale customer globally. You will work closely with the CommScope sales and engineering team in North America, as well as dotted line sales/engineering globally to support customer and partner-facing meetings, work to develop new products, build project forecasts in Microsoft Dynamics, and experience first-hand how a successful global sales team at a Fortune 500 company operates.
You Will Make an Impact By:
- Working closely with the sales, engineering, operations, quality, and procurement organizations
- Operating on your own merit with a given task and show tactful initiative to complete a project once delegated.
- Helping to drive new and existing products into one of the largest technology leaders in the world by identifying new account opportunities and creating a business analysis to support the proposition.
- Learning the technical parameters of current products and working to resolve customer issues/concerns.
- Become proficient with Microsoft Dynamics to manage account opportunities, planning, and account strategy.
Required Qualifications for Consideration
- Junior or Senior standing in a BS, BA or master’s degree in Business, Marketing, or Science/Engineering from an accredited university.
- Proven strong academic performer with a minimum GPA of 3.2
- Eligible to work in the US for any employer without sponsorship from the company
You Will Excite Us If You
- Have a Computer Science, Management Information System, or a degree in Science & General Engineering and a background with desire to be in technical sales
- Demonstrate strong leadership, interpersonal and communication skills
- Show innovation through unique ideas and propose them to the team
- Willing to travel occasionally to support customer and partner face-to-face meetings
In today’s always-on world, CommScope is pushing the bounds of communications technology. We are building better connections and shaping networks of the future. For more than 40 years, we’ve been leaders in innovating the network infrastructure of the future. Developments such as the Internet of Things, seamless connectivity and 5G introduce new requirements and demand creative thinking. With our unmatched expertise in copper, fiber and wireless infrastructure, our global clients rely on us to outperform today and be ready for the needs of tomorrow.
It is the policy of CommScope to provide Equal Employment Opportunities to all individuals based on merit, qualifications and abilities. CommScope does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy), national origin, age or any other characteristics as protected by law. Furthermore, this contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a) and 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals on the basis of disability, and require affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals with disabilities.