HSM has an opportunity for an Intern to work in the Information Technology department at the Corporate Office in Hickory, NC. The Help Desk Intern provides first level support to users of company computer systems and related equipment by answering incoming phone calls, providing immediate solutions whenever possible, referring problems to proper areas, providing feedback to callers, recording all phone calls, entering all problems in the problem tracking system, and placing and monitoring service calls.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides primary support for all employees’ computer problems including Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Office, and Microsoft Outlook related issues. All technical support issues must be entered, updated, documented and closed in help desk software.
- Provide first level support for all customers’ computer related issues including software and hardware. Also, provide first level LAN and Internet access support for all callers including troubleshooting, Internet access, network settings, and login rights.
- Notification of appropriate support personnel of emergency type issues.
- Checks the Help Desk email and open ticket requests for all callers.
- Works closely with PC Support Group to provide consistent service to users.
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Education, Experience, and Skills Requirements:
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Associates Degree in Information Systems or related field, or pursuing degree preferred
- Experience with Microsoft Windows (all versions), Microsoft Office applications, and PC hardware