Perform all engineering duties relating to the creation, control and maintenance of CAD Models, Drawing Data and Engineering Document Control within Transportation Seating Solutions – Engineering Group.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create new and modify existing engineering drawings to include component parts, steel tube frame weldments, final seat assemblies and creating Bill of Materials
- Make changes and corrections to current designs as specified
- Assist in maintaining document control as per ISO 9001:2000 standards
- Create 3-D solid models from sketches, marked-up prints, reverse engineer from sample parts or creating variations from existing designs
- Other duties and projects, as assigned
- Coordinate ECN drafts based on customer requests arriving from HSM Customer Service
The preferred candidate must have a high school diploma. A minimum of (1) years’ experience in a manufacturing industry required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Other skills for the position include, but not limited to:
- Able to use and read various measuring tools
- Read, interpret and create engineering drawings optimized for multiple MFG locations
- Familiarity with ANSI Drafting Standards and ISO 9001:2000
- Mechanical CAD design and drafting, 3D modeling through the use of Autodesk Inventor software is a plus.
- Microsoft Office software, Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook is required.