HSM is seeking qualified candidates for the Packager/Tier position at our Lenoir Plant in Lenoir, NC. This is a 2nd shift position (Monday-Friday – 3:00 pm - 11:00 pm). Listed below are the Qualifications and Requirements for the position.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Obtain orders from supervisor/department coordinator.
- Obtain empty flats from designated area.
- Obtain finished goods or parts from conveyor and flats.
- Turn tying machine on.
- Stack product neatly inside machine and press foot pedal to start tying process.
- Maintain piece count as required.
- Mark each item complete as you finish them.
- For product requiring plastic wrap, take product off tying table and place onto table to wrap in plastic as necessary. Wrap parts or cushions in plastic and seal with tape gun.
- Take wrapped or tied material and place on flats.
- Pull completed flats to shipping area.
- Places flats in designated areas for repair.
- Practice good safety techniques and maintain a clean work area.
- Must have your High School diploma or GED
- Must be able to communicate effectively.
- Must be able to lift, push, and or pull up to 40 lbs.
- Must be able to do simple math (add, subtract, divide, and multiply) and use a tape measure
- Must be able to read and understand orders.
- Must be able to work overtime and weekends if necessary.
- Experience in foam manufacturing process is preferred.
- Must be able to perform other duties as deemed by management.