Everyone communicates. It’s the essence of the human experience. How we communicate is evolving. Technology is reshaping the way we live, learn and thrive. The epicenter of this transformation is the network—our passion. Our experts are rethinking the purpose, role and usage of networks to help our customers increase bandwidth, expand capacity, enhance efficiency, speed deployment and simplify migration. From remote cell sites to massive sports arenas, from busy airports to state-of-the-art data centers— we provide the essential expertise and vital infrastructure your business needs to succeed. The world’s most advanced networks rely on CommScope connectivity.
The Asset management Specialist in our Hickory office will participate in process improvement activities in the IT Operations organization with the objective of driving operational excellence, efficiency, quality, and customer satisfaction leveraging industry standard frameworks such as the IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL). Champion and promote an IT service culture and ITIL process improvements to continually improve quality and customer satisfaction with IT services.
- Assist with development, execution and oversight of software and hardware asset and configuration management processes aligned with ITIL best practices required to support the needs of the organization and ensure process compliance by responsible teams to maintain data quality.
- Verify and audit CMDB and DML content: check conformity of hardware assets with actual inventory, verify software assets with license contracts, initiate and track corrective actions.
- Manage activities related to license compliance audits to answer requests from software auditors.
- Develop dashboards for tracking key metrics; conduct trend analyses; produce and distribute status reports on software and hardware assets and CIs.
- Facilitate meetings across IT groups for inter-related processes to ensure desired process integration and overall consistency and effectiveness across the enterprise.
- Conduct one-on-one interviews and brainstorming sessions with various cross-functional groups and subject matter experts to create end-to-end process narratives, process flow diagrams, and roles and responsibilities documentation.
- Coordinate/facilitate training sessions and create self-service guidance related to asset and configuration management.
- Coordinate/assist with escalation of incidents and problems affecting production services.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information technology or business administration required related field
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Good written communication skills
It is the policy of CommScope to provide Equal Employment Opportunities to all individuals based on merit, qualifications and abilities. CommScope does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy), national origin, age or any other characteristics as protected by law. Furthermore, this contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a) and 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals on the basis of disability, and require affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals with disabilities.