This job is archived
The Human Resources Generalist is responsible for performing HR professional level duties in support of the Manufacturing Facility or Facilities assigned at HSM. Reporting directly to the Human Resources Manager, the HR Generalist will provide local support to Management and ensure adherence to HR policies and programs covering but, not limited to: employment/labor relations, performance management, wage and salary administration, leave administration, recruitment, orientation/onboarding, as well as training. Knowledge of HR policies and procedures, and employment law compliance is required to ensure consistency across the HR Enterprise.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Collaborate with HR Shared Services Center to provide efficient employee support with regards to administration or transactional HR activities.
- Manage the overall recruitment process at the plant level to include working with managers for accurate job descriptions and interview/selection/offers; recruitment team on applicant flow as well as onboarding; and shared services for documentation associated with the process.
- Conducts new hire orientation with new employees and ensures seamless assimilation to initial training.
- Assist with benefits enrollment and provides benefit information/explanations as required.
- Works closely with management and employees to improve working relationships, build engagement, and increase productivity through creative solutions focused on attendance and turnover.
- Create a personable HR relationship with the workforce by being present on the plant floor.
- Organizes and maintains all employee/personnel files and other files as required to maintain compliance.
- Collaborates with HR Leadership regarding communications to ensure updates to all HR programs, policies, regulations and procedures are discussed as needed at the plant floor level.
- Instruct or participate in employee/ management training on HR, Affirmative Action and/or general management or employee issues at the plant level.
- Provides employee relations advice and coaching related to employee issues as they arise. Conducts effective, thorough and objective investigations as needed.
- Assists management in conducting annual performance appraisals and merit reviews.
- Ensures highest level of confidentiality regarding sensitive information in HR related matters at the Plant.
- Uses discretion and independent judgment in decision-making
- Maintains in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance.
- Participates in Staff Meetings as required
- Performs other HR Related duties as required and assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources or related degree with 2+ years’ experience working in HR.
- OR 5+ years progressive experience in an HR administrative/generalist role.
- Excellent organizational, professional verbal and written communication skills, and teaming experience
- Strong computer skills/experience, including MS Office Suite, Ultimate Software or other HRIS Solution.
- Must possess all qualities critical for success including leadership, self-confidence, motivation, decisiveness, flexibility, sound business judgement, and determination
- Requires integrity, independent action, originality, evaluation and judgment
- Good organizational skills, the ability to prioritize, handle multiple projects, and meet deadlines
- Certification Preferred (PHR, SPHR)
- Must be Bilingual