Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Intervenes in the case of unsafe activities or operations being carried out by employees within the workplace
- Carries out research with regards to regulatory requirements and best safety practices
- Oversees and directs the entire process of accident investigation/analysis
- Responsible for keeping records of safety-related incidents and recommendation/administration of corrective measures
- Works hand-in-hand with company management to identify safety-related issues and also supervise adherence to safety rules
- Organizes safety training for staff of the organization on a regular basis
- He/she must have excellent communication skills to be able to clearly pass information concerning safety precautions to staff of the company
- Must have good interpersonal skills
- He/she must be observant and proactive at all times when it comes to issues related to workplace safety
- Must be willing and able to work as part of a team or even lead a team if the need arises
- Transfer data from paper formats into computer files or database systems
- Create spreadsheets with large numbers of figures without mistakes
- Verify data by comparing it to source documents
- Retrieve data from the database or electronic files as requested
- Sort and organize paperwork after entering data to ensure it is not lost
- Maintain and update Intelex System
- Assist in entering workplace accidents
- Associate’s Degree or Bachelor’s Degree in Safety Management, or related field is required.
- Previous work experience in the safety field is a plus.
- Excellent knowledge of word processing tools and spreadsheets (MS Office Word, Excel etc.)
- Working knowledge of office equipment and computer hardware and peripheral devices
- Workers Comp experience is a plus
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.