This job is archived
Summary: The Financial Systems Analyst reports to the Director of Financial Planning and Analysis and responsible for Performing an assortment of analysis and reporting duties including extracting, compiling, and analyzing financial information from the accounting systems for monthly, quarterly and ad hoc reporting, as well as daily sales reports and management dashboards. This requires an understanding of the accounting system, data tables and analysis software. Data retrieved must be appropriate based on management requests, presented in a usable format and analyzed to ensure the data is complete and accurate.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support the initiatives of the Corporate Finance group including interpretation of data and information, preparation of ad hoc reporting and participation in other analysis.
- Internal Analysis and Reporting
- Assists in preparing monthly financial statements and presentation for executives including use of graphs.
- Assists in preparing various financial reports for the Board of Directors’ meetings, and quarterly reports for the bank and other users.
- Participates in the development of budgeting and reporting procedures.
- Participates in creation of budget worksheets and budget presentation reports
- Reviews and verifies budget documents for completeness and accuracy throughout budget process up to and including uploading of budget in JDE.
- Participates in the assembly and dissemination of budget documents and reports for executive review meeting
- Verifies BI data and pulls monthly BI reporting (Sales data warehouse)
- Runs and distributes daily & weekly reports and dashboards
- Tracks financial status by monitoring variances from plan. Reconciles transactions by comparing and correcting data, utilizing a detail support when necessary.
- Ad-hoc Analysis and Reporting
- Performs special projects, reports and graphs as requested.
- Increases productivity by developing automated applications, eliminating duplications and coordinating information requirements.
- Provide support to the operations department by preparing, analyzing and interpreting information that assists management in making decisions that contribute to improved performance and results. (i.e. inventory reports, month end reconciliation reports, etc.)
- Assists accounting group on BI ad-hoc reporting.
- Creates ad-hoc reports as assigned through the Help Desk Reporting group and maintains status of assigned report in the Help Desk Tool.
- Develop and create ad-hoc reports in the Insight system utilizing DX.
- Part of the Help Desk Reporting group to analyze and assist team for a “best solution” pertaining to ad-hoc reporting requests (JDE, BI, Insight, Spreadsheet server, etc.)
- Assists and trains accounting group with Insight reporting and programming of Inventory Reconciler/Integrity reports in Insight
- Works closely with Financial Systems Specialist II to cross-train and maximize efficiencies for the Financial Planning & Analysis Department
- Performs location inventory audits as directed
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, maintaining personal networks and participating in professional organizations. (IMA, others)
- Other duties as assigned
Education, Experience and Skills Requirements
- Bachelors’ Degree in Accounting/Finance
- Excellent computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Effective oral and written communications skills
- Team Player with a positive attitude
- Spreadsheet server experience preferred
- JDE and Insight experience preferred
- Data Warehouse experience, BI experience preferred
- Two to four years general accounting experience and/or Financial Analyst experience preferred
- Key competencies include business acumen, problem solving, time management, technical abilities and communication skills