Learn More About Internship Programs at CommScope
As CommScope designs and builds connectivity for the world's most advanced networks, we're building something equally as important: careers for bright college students like you. Our Summer Internship Program is designed to provide you an invaluable work experience through completing challenging projects to help you grow and develop.
Throughout the 12-week program, you will collaborate with some of the best in the industry, receive on the job training and participate in professional development workshops, executive speaker series, and other networking and social events!
What to Expect:
As a Master Data Governance Intern, you will partner with others on our Master Data team to complete data health assessment and improvements related to key business data. You will be responsible for understanding business rules around the data, analyzing data inconsistencies, and updating data to align with data health standards. You will work with applications specifically tailored to test data based on rules, both working with data outputs and created new rules for the data. An additional portion of the role includes gathering, understanding and documenting enterprise master data rule or process requirements, integration requirements, and data quality requirements.
You Will Make an Impact By:
- Improving Data Health of Key Master Data utilized by multiple business domains to complete daily job functions.
- Collaborating and communicating with Enterprise Data Stewards and/or Domain Data Specialists as and when required to mitigate or remediate issues relevant to master data
- Partnering with Enterprise Data Stewards and/or Domain Data Specialists to capture and maintain a comprehensive global data dictionary and business glossary; along with developing and implementing global data standards, policies and procedures
Required Qualifications for Consideration
- Currently pursuing a BS, BA or Master’s degree in * data science, data analytics or business intelligence* from an accredited university
- Junior or Senior standing preferable
- Proven strong academic performer with a minimum GPA of 3.2
- Eligible to work in the US for any employer without sponsorship from the company
You Will Excite Us If You
- Demonstrate strong leadership, interpersonal and communication skills
- Show innovation through unique ideas and propose them to the team
- Experience with data management / ERP data management aspects from M&A activity (master data management from integration/divestiture activities)
- Experience with SQL language
In today’s always on world, CommScope is pushing the bounds of communications technology. We are building better connections and shaping networks of the future. For more than 40 years, we’ve been leaders in innovating the network infrastructure of the future. Developments such as the Internet of Things, seamless connectivity and 5G introduce new requirements and demand creative thinking. With our unmatched expertise in copper, fiber and wireless infrastructure, our global clients rely on us to outperform today and be ready for the needs of tomorrow.
It is the policy of CommScope to provide Equal Employment Opportunities to all individuals based on merit, qualifications and abilities. CommScope does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy), national origin, age or any other characteristics as protected by law. Furthermore, this contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a) and 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals on the basis of disability and require affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals with disabilities.