Job was saved successfully.
Job was removed from Saved Jobs.
Director of Neonatal Nurseries / Full-time / 1st Shift / (Posted 04/21/2021)
Nurse directors are responsible for leading and managing units or service lines. Responsible for the management of the nursing staff to provide nursing care appropriate to the age of the patients served, incorporating knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life-span. Collects and evaluates data about patient outcomes for compliance with hospital, state and federal regulatory agencies and laws. Participates in the planning, development and implementation of departmental policies and procedures. Is responsible for the fiscal and human resource management of the unit. Responsible for adhering to CVMC policies and procedures; abiding by the CVMC Nursing Bylaws; and practicing within the guidelines of the North Carolina State Nurse Practice Act.
Education and Credentials:
• Graduate of accredited BSN nursing program.
• Current NC RN license or licensure from Nursing Compact State.
• BCLS certification. If the BCLS certification is not from the American Heart Association (AHA), an AHA certification is required within three months of employment date.
Master of Science in Nursing Degree Requirements:
• Effective May 1, 2016 newly employed and current employees promoted into the following positions are required to possess a MSN degree or a Master’s degree in a related field.
o Clinical Care Manager
o Clinical Development Coordinator
o Nurse Director
o Patient Care Manager
o Professional Development Coordinator
o Resource Coordinator/Professional Development Coordinator
• The MSN degree or Master’s degree in a related field must be completed within five years from the date of employment or placement into the position.
Five years of nursing experience. Proven administrative and managerial capability. Given training and on-the-job experience incumbent should be proficient in the basic aspects of the job within six months of employment date.
Nurse Executive, board certification and/or clinical specialty certification.
Experience in nursing leadership role such as manager, coordinator, and director.