This role is chiefly responsible for developing sales plans for a specific division and/or regions, including budgeting, re-forecasting at periodic points and producing projections to Division President. Works with various levels of the organization and senior leaders in coordinating the development of new short-term strategies to drive revenue growth and to ensure sales objectives are met. Works collaboratively with Division President, General Managers, Sales Managers and stakeholders to obtain support for sales strategy. Communicates and drives new sales initiatives and strategies throughout the sales organization.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develops and is accountable for sales and marketing plans within a division, including budgeting, forecasting, re-forecasting and producing projections to leadership.
- Effectively communicates new initiatives and strategies as it relates to sales. Helping to formulate and execute the roll-out strategy.
- Compares internal costs with research on market trends and competitor prices to make data driven price recommendations.
- Work with marketing personnel to coordinate the Division’s future market growth plans and long-term marketing objectives for products, services and markets.
- Assists leadership in the development of long-range strategic sales plans and works collaboratively with other sales leaders to coordinate the development of short-term strategies.
- Maintains and promotes relationships with national key accounts by working cross functionally with internal R&D to develop/manage corporate programs for customers as well as creating presentations for regional/national accounts.
- Reports Division’s sales status to plan and budget at monthly and/or quarterly meetings.
- Develops and implements performance standards and measures within the Division. Motivates, coaches and develops both direct reports and in-direct reports to improve performance and achieve business objectives.
- Monitors and evaluates performance of sales associates at the plant, region and/or division level. Works with Division Presidents and General Managers to help make decisions on sales manager performance, disciplinary action and/or staffing changes at the sales manager level.
- Responsible for periodic visits to ensure sales and customer retention success.
- Reviews and monitors all internal systems for accuracy and compliance. Maintains the maintenance, organization and updates of sales data input, allocations, and credits.
- Other duties as deemed necessary by management
- Bachelor’s degree (BS/BA) in a business discipline or related field or equivalent years of experience
- Minimum of five (5) years sales management experience; progressively increasing management level responsibility preferred.
- Prior management/director level experience in sales, manufacturing or marketing preferred
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Demonstrated knowledge of organizational policies and practices.
- Must possess all other qualities critical for managerial success including leadership, self-confidence, motivation, decisiveness, flexibility, sound business judgment, and determination
- Knowledge of economic and accounting principles and practices, the financial markets, and the analysis and reporting of financial data
- Problem resolution and negotiation skills
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to execute and create business strategies
- Ability to collaborate and motivate others
- Ability to communicate with senior leaders and channel partners
- Ability to travel 50% of the time.
- Solid computer skills and data manipulation (Excel, Word, Microsoft Office, Power Point, JD Edwards)
- Must be of an analytical mindset and be able to quickly assess large amounts of information and data
- Must possess thorough knowledge of product and production processes
- Familiarity with Lean and/or Six Sigma principles; with safety as a top priority
- Maintain the highest level of confidentiality regarding sensitive information and/or records
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Regularly required to:
- Sit, stand and walk
- Use hands and arms to handle, feel or reach
- Speak and hear
- Use close vision abilities
Occasionally required to:
- Lift or move up to 25 lbs
- Stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Noise level
- Low to moderate
- Adverse Conditions