As a key member of the Hickory Springs Manufacturing Leadership team, the VP of Foam Fabrication and Consumer Products will report directly to the President and assume a strategic role in the overall management, but more directly ensure the strategic and financial goals of the Division are met. The Vice President will have responsibility for full P&L and focus diligently on increasing sales and profitability, implementing Lean and best practice manufacturing across all facilities, ensuring innovation and accelerating new product development to achieve expanded market growth. The VP must provide focus and disseminate strategic alignment to the Foam and Consumer Product business and staff to ensure execution of the business strategy against expectations and plans.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide direction and oversight to the day-to-day operations of Hickory Springs Manufacturing to include:
- Strategy, New Product Development, Manufacturing, and Supply Chain
- Eight Existing manufacturing locations with approximately 450 employees
- Sales Team on markets, profitability, and sales goals
- Formulate and communicate all organizational strategy to enforce Hickory Springs Manufacturing vision, mission, and goals – then motivates the function to achieve annual progress
- Manage and report all relevant budget data and financial status/results for Hickory Springs Manufacturing.
- Collaborate with the leadership team for the division to develop a strategic plan that would include:
- Increase sales with measured profitability
- Expand market channel growth with demonstrated achievement
- Accelerate new product development and first to market solutions and components
- Run lean and effective operations – incorporate metric driven reporting
- Continuous customer interaction and service standards
- Identify and further develop the next generation of leaders within the Business
- Reporting to this individual will be NPD, customer service, manufacturing, and dotted line sales
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience in Manufacturing Leadership.
- At least 10 years of progressive leadership experience in heavy duty or highly technical manufacturing environments
- Historical track record of success with companies in $50-100M revenue range
- Documented success in previous entrepreneurial roles with a sense of urgency to accompany executive demeanor
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills