Perform various manual & administrative duties necessary to support metal fabrication. Engineering support for all plant manufacturing operations such as but not limited to metal fabrication, robotic welding, stamping, RV and paint line (powder and liquid coat), and new production.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Update part drawings, as needed, including all assemblies and sub-assemblies.
- Facilitate engineering change notices.
- Determine cut lengths of bent tubes to be fabricated.
- Order office supplies, as needed.
- Convert CAD drawings to Inventor
- Maintain plant layout
- Create new prints from models
- Enter tickets to ship samples
- Keep current on new service pack updates for software
- Product testing
- Build engineering samples
- Test reports
- Program CNC metal fabrication equipment for all dept 44 (metal fab) production, including robotic welders
- Collaborate with tool room and maintenance on design, documentation and procurement of tooling, jigs and fixtures
- Participate in engineering teams for production design
- Ability to use good judgement for making day to day decisions on projects/assignments, work independently and without direct supervision on engineering projects assigned by staff engineers
- Attend trade shows as a technical representative for Hickory Springs as required
- Other duties as assigned by Director, plant and engineering manager.
- Associates Degree in CAD or equivalent combination of high school diploma or GED and 2 years work experience in manufacturing environment.
- Preferred candidate will have 1 to 2 years of experience in mechanical drafting in manufacturing environment using Inventor software for 3D modeling and AutoCAD for 2D drafting
- Report writing
- MSOffice products such as Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Project