This job is archived
Everyone communicates. It’s the essence of the human experience. How we communicate is evolving. Technology is reshaping the way we live, learn and thrive. The epicenter of this transformation is the network—our passion. Our experts are rethinking the purpose, role and usage of networks to help our customers increase bandwidth, expand capacity, enhance efficiency, speed deployment and simplify migration. From remote cell sites to massive sports arenas, from busy airports to state-of-the-art data centers— we provide the essential expertise and vital infrastructure your business needs to succeed. The world’s most advanced networks rely on CommScope connectivity.Commscope is hiring a Senior Controls Engineer in Claremont, NC
Design, install, program, and startup control systems, HMI’s, and reporting systems for production lines. Redesign, troubleshoot, and repair control systems to improve productivity. Develop preventative maintenance procedures for production controls. Training of maintenance personnel and supervision of vendor/installation activity.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and code programs for PLC’s, Drives, and PC’s in order to control the various processes associated with the manufacturing of cable and report important metrics.
- Design and layout the various electrical control systems associated with cable manufacturing. Includes electrical system checkout and support during installation.
- Utilize the CAD system to design and maintain system drawings.
- Troubleshoot problems associated with the PLC’s, drives, and control systems.
Educational and Experience Requirement
- Bachelors degree or higher in related technical curriculum with a minimum of 8+ years relevant experience in design of control systems or controls engineering
- Experience programming Allen Bradley PLC’s and Allen Bradley HMI (RSView or FactoryTalk)
- Experience working with drives preferably Parker/SSD
- Strong project management competency and experience with large scale projects.
- Must be capable of working effectively with vendors and suppliers to resolve process and component issues. Able to function effectively in a team and self-directed work environment preferred
- Strong verbal and written communications skills, required.
- Knowledge of Statistical Process Control methodologies.
- Knowledge of Design of Experiments for process optimization.
- Knowledge of extrusion processes preferred.
- Good mechanical aptitude.
It is the policy of CommScope to provide Equal Employment Opportunities to all individuals based on merit, qualifications and abilities. CommScope does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy), national origin, age or any other characteristics as protected by law. Furthermore, this contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a) and 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals on the basis of disability, and require affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals with disabilities.