This is an exciting opportunity to be part of an outstanding team of writers, developing content for products serving the telco and cable provider broadband market. You will be a member of a writing team that develops technical content for vManager, which provides monitoring, analysis, and automation for network elements in Distributed Access Architecture (DAA) systems.
- Meet customer requirements by collaborating with other writers and subject matter experts to research, develop, and maintain technical content deliverables.
- Create or obtain graphics, illustrations, screen shots, and screen casts.
- Continually and proactively gather information from software developers, architects, product managers, and other subject matter experts about new features and upcoming product changes.
- Work closely with geographically diverse cross-functional teams.
- Work closely with other members of the technical content team to ensure consistency in workflow and writing style.
- Participate in strategic initiatives related to authoring environments, development processes, and content strategy.
- Produce technical content deliverables using CommScope tools and processes.
- Manage review and approval process according to ISO procedures.
- Meet deadlines with short turnaround times.
- Assist in writing any other technical communications as requested.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Adept at expressing complex concepts accurately in easily understandable text and graphics.
- Ability to read and understand requirements documents, engineering specifications, schematics, and system block diagrams.
- Ability to navigate and use products being documented to verify procedures where possible.
- Ability to produce documents that conform to CommScope style, formatting, and coding standards.
- Ability to work both autonomously and collaboratively and to respond quickly and effectively to internal team and customer needs.
- Ability to manage multiple, competing priorities in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment.
- Ability to deliver to deadlines, while managing inputs from multiple contributors.
- Drive and ability to learn new technologies quickly.
- Basic understanding of concepts and terminology for Broadband communications industry.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher, preferably in Technical Communication, Engineering, or English Literature or equivalent experience.
- Five plus years of experience developing technical documentation for software or hardware products required.
- Knowledge of DITA and experience with Oxygen XML Author and SDL or a similar component content management system.
- Experience working in a fast-paced development environment with working knowledge of JIRA and Confluence.
- Intermediate to advanced experience with Microsoft Office applications Word, Excel, and PowerPoint and with graphics editing, screen shots, and screen casts.
- Experience working in networking, broadband communications, or a related industry is preferred.