Everyone communicates. It’s the essence of the human experience. How we communicate is evolving. Technology is reshaping the way we live, learn and thrive. The epicenter of this transformation is the network—our passion. Our experts are rethinking the purpose, role and usage of networks to help our customers increase bandwidth, expand capacity, enhance efficiency, speed deployment and simplify migration. From remote cell sites to massive sports arenas, from busy airports to state-of-the-art data centers— we provide the essential expertise and vital infrastructure your business needs to succeed. The world’s most advanced networks rely on CommScope connectivity.
We are currently recruiting for a qualified, interested and available Field Applications Engineer to join our team in Shakopee, MN
Applications Engineer for the Service Provider marketplace in order to maintain CommScope’s leadership position in customer support for fiber optic cable, network connectivity, and other products and services. Provide training and support to our customer base while assisting the field sales team with rapid and thorough complaint resolution and technical support. This position also identifies and proposes new product concepts to meet evolving customer needs. Extensive travel will be required.
- A Bachelor’s Degree preferably in a technical discipline with 0-2 years of related experience
- Desired is two years of progressive technical product experience, internships may qualify.
- Experience with fiber optic cable and connectivity products desired
- Ability to function in a sales/customer environment.
- Able to function independently and exercise judgment in order to react to situations in a timely manner.
- A high degree of integrity due to exposure to sensitive sales data and strategic product plans.
- Effective interface with sales, customers, product management and other support groups on a regular basis.
- Able to proceed with considerable freedom and conduct own projects, making evaluations, and providing recommendations.
- Excellent communications, presentation and computer skills.
- MS Office experience especially experience with Powerpoint is required
- SAP experience desired
- Ability to travel upwards of 50% in normal circumstances
- Able to work occasionally in extreme outdoor environments.
- All other duties and responsibilities as required
It is the policy of CommScope to provide Equal Employment Opportunities to all individuals based on merit, qualifications and abilities. CommScope does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy), national origin, age or any other characteristics as protected by law. Furthermore, this contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a) and 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals on the basis of disability, and require affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals with disabilities.