Everyone communicates. It’s the essence of the human experience. How we communicate is evolving. Technology is reshaping the way we live, learn and thrive. The epicenter of this transformation is the network—our passion. Our experts are rethinking the purpose, role and usage of networks to help our customers increase bandwidth, expand capacity, enhance efficiency, speed deployment and simplify migration. From remote cell sites to massive sports arenas, from busy airports to state-of-the-art data centers— we provide the essential expertise and vital infrastructure your business needs to succeed. The world’s most advanced networks rely on CommScope connectivity.
Due to growth and customer demand, we are currently recruiting for a Field Engineering Specialist within our Analytics and Integration Group. This opportunity can be located anywhere near a major airport in the continental United States. Must be open to travel up to 80% of the time.
- This position is responsible for the performance of RF safety studies, field measurements, troubleshooting, site surveys, path surveys and completing preliminary microwave design. Path surveys are completed in multiple frequency bands such as 5.8GHz, 11GHz, 18GHz and 23GHz. In addition, this position will troubleshoot interference issues in the field using a spectrum analyzer and will interact directly with the end customer to resolve interference and signal level-related issues. This position also conducts microwave design using PathLoss in support of external projects.
- This position works as part of a team with other engineers, technical assistants, project managers, and departments. Candidates for this position must consistently exhibit good customer service skills orally and in writing. This includes satisfactory turn-around time on projects, good organization, keeping the client informed of work status, and being responsive to client requests.
- Candidates must also be able to travel extensively (up to 80% of the time) and function autonomously in the field. Travel will be required when conducting path surveys or field measurements. Candidates will be required to stand, walk and sit for an extended period while preforming duties. Candidates will be required to lift 50 lbs. occasionally.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITES:
- Perform RF measurements and RF safety studies using a spectrum analyzer or other test equipment
- Conduct path surveys in the field to verify line-of-sight objectives
- Conduct site surveys to identify antenna placement locations
- Conduct site surveys to identify equipment requirements for a microwave installation
- Design microwave networks using microwave design software tools
- Conduct troubleshoots and document resolution of interference related issues
- Serve as liaison between client, industry consultants and internal engineering staff
- Ability to travel up to 80% of the time
- A completed Associates Degree or NCO -AND- 2-5 years relevant experience
- Experience with a spectrum analyzer
- Experience with geographic coordinate systems and map datums
- Demonstrated understanding of interference analysis, microwave design, RF power density measurements and technologies such as GSM, CDMA, GPRS, UMTS, HSDPA, WiMax and LTE
- Proficiency in Windows suite of office tool
- Proficiency in the use of related field equipment such as laser range finder, theodolite and GPS
- Previous military experience a plus (Air Force-3D1X3, Army-25P/25S, Navy-ET-14CM/ ET-1433)
- FCC amateur radio license a plus
It is the policy of CommScope to provide Equal Employment Opportunities to all individuals based on merit, qualifications and abilities. CommScope does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy), national origin, age or any other characteristics as protected by law. Furthermore, this contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a) and 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals on the basis of disability, and require affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals with disabilities.