This job is archived
Everyone communicates. It’s the essence of the human experience. How we communicate is evolving. Technology is reshaping the way we live, learn and thrive. The epicenter of this transformation is the network—our passion. Our experts are rethinking the purpose, role and usage of networks to help our customers increase bandwidth, expand capacity, enhance efficiency, speed deployment and simplify migration. From remote cell sites to massive sports arenas, from busy airports to state-of-the-art data centers— we provide the essential expertise and vital infrastructure your business needs to succeed. The world’s most advanced networks rely on CommScope connectivity.
CommScope is hiring a Director, Quality in Richardson, TX
Vision, Strategy and Goals:
- Ensure that CommScope customer experience is based on product and service excellence thus assuring customer satisfaction.
- Provide input into long term (3-year) Business Unit Quality strategy.
Work to achieve a shared vision and shared goals with the Business Unit.
- Constantly strive for a cultural balance of quality and speed to support Integrity of Design, Product & Agility in the Business Unit.
- Create Productivity as a result of Quality improvement through strategy deployment into appropriate BU, design, NPI and operations level Quality goals and objectives.
- Monitor execution of goals & objectives to assure success for the business.
- Be a champion for Quality Matters (i.e. CommScope Quality Principles). Developing creative ways to ensure quality is heard, seen, felt, and transferred.
- Be an integral partner with other departments (e.g. CI, Automation, Design etc.)
- Promote cross functional utilization of Continuous Improvement tools and to encourage effective communication of ideas, feedback, and concerns from all levels of the organization.
- Encourage the development of:
- An agile product development & business level organization that adds value
- Empowers its staff
- Minimizes bureaucracy
- Drives quality standards in Program and Production
- Reduces waste
- Always improving
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITES:
- Be an evangelist for key Quality initiatives that drive Business Excellence.
Support development of a Right First Time philosophy while looking for opportunities to drive inspection and test out of the product(s).
- Assure product quality through standard work from incoming raw material, through to shipment & delivery of finished goods.
- Create through constant assessment a skills base of problem solvers within the business through development, mentoring, training and coaching.
- Work with Simply CommScope to utilize appropriate tools, such as Lean, Six Sigma, VSM to reduce waste, reduce variability, improve processes, and identify and mitigate risks.
- Assure compliance to corporate change control processes, including: PDP, PTP, ECN, TDA (Inclusive of risk assessments)
- Assure effective auditing programs are in place, including:
- Corporate system compliance audits.
- Production Process audits.
- Customer required audits.
- Driving effective corrective actions by capturing all audit non-conformances in the local corrective action systems and managing for timely closure.
- Assure appropriate quality documentation is developed in compliance to corporate procedures, documented, issued, controlled, and adhered to, whilst not conflicting or diluting corporate procedures.
- Assure effective training is deployed so that all employees are trained in the required skill sets to effectively perform their job duties and assure product quality.
- Assure frequent review of business metrics to identify and remove
- Drivers of Product Related complaint
- Drivers of Service complaint rates.
- Drivers of Major Quality Events.
- Identify problem areas needing appropriate focus and action.
- A completed bachelor’s degree preferably in Engineering, Quality Engineering, or Engineering Management required with a minimum of 10 years’ experience with a minimum of 5 years in a Quality discipline.
- 3 years or more of previous Quality Management experience, preferably within a multi-plant manufacturing environment
- Working knowledge of basic and advanced Quality tools such as; TQM, Six Sigma, SPC, FMEA, Control Plans, Root Cause Analysis, Poke Yoke, etc.
- Working knowledge of ISO/TL 9000 Quality Management System Standards.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work effectively with all design, operational and functional areas and across international/cultural boundaries.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to drive change where required.
- Ability to manage mid-level managers at multiple locations, including sites around the world involving differing cultures, languages, and customs.
- Six Sigma Green Belt or Black Belt certification
- Ability to travel upto 25% of the time including some International travel will be required in this position.
- Experience working internationally and managing international teams
- Electronics or Communications industry experience
It is the policy of CommScope to provide Equal Employment Opportunities to all individuals based on merit, qualifications and abilities. CommScope does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy), national origin, age or any other characteristics as protected by law. Furthermore, this contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a) and 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals on the basis of disability, and require affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals with disabilities.