Everyone communicates. It’s the essence of the human experience. How we communicate is evolving. Technology is reshaping the way we live, learn and thrive. The epicenter of this transformation is the network—our passion. Our experts are rethinking the purpose, role and usage of networks to help our customers increase bandwidth, expand capacity, enhance efficiency, speed deployment and simplify migration. From remote cell sites to massive sports arenas, from busy airports to state-of-the-art data centers— we provide the essential expertise and vital infrastructure your business needs to succeed. The world’s most advanced networks rely on CommScope connectivity.
Due to growth and customer demand, we are recruiting for a Project Manager – Hardware to join our team in Richardson, Texas.
CommScope is seeking an experienced Hardware Engineering Project Manager to coordinate complex Hardware development projects for our R&D team. The candidate will be responsible for coordinating resources and tasks across teams based in the US and in Europe to ensure timely execution of projects meeting functional and performance specifications.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITES:
- Manage action lists to ensure Digital and RF Hardware teams are meeting their targets.
- Ensure that Hardware Engineering follows a development process to ensure product quality.
- Track design work-items for the HW team and coordinate with other teams as necessary.
- Track Hardware Design, Test and Regulatory activities.
- Communicate detailed status to Program Manager(s) in a timely manner and actively participate in cross-functional meetings with other teams.
- Communicate with the Supply-chain / Manufacturing teams.
- Bachelor’s in electrical engineering or related field.
- Five (5) to ten (10) years of demonstrated experience managing communication hardware development projects with constantly evolving requirements.
- Experience using Microsoft Project or other PM tools to track complex projects.
- Basic knowledge of Hardware and FPGA design / development processes is preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong analytical and creative problem-solving skills.
It is the policy of CommScope to provide Equal Employment Opportunities to all individuals based on merit, qualifications and abilities. CommScope does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy), national origin, age or any other characteristics as protected by law. Furthermore, this contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a) and 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals on the basis of disability, and require affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals with disabilities.