This job is archived
The Senior Product Manager has responsibility for product strategy, roadmap and market plans that specify how the products will evolve and be delivered to the market to maximize the return on investment, ensuring that products support ARRIS’s overall strategy and goals. This includes providing executive reviews of product plans and defending how planned product enhancements and timelines provide the best return on investment in terms of acquiring new software business revenue and protecting current revenue streams.
This role provides product leadership to cross-functional teams across the enterprise including sales, engineering, customer support, hosting services, and professional services within ARRIS and other ARRIS strategic business units. The Senior Product Manager works with these organizations to gather and prioritize requirements and develop new product specifications and product plans and ensure that engineering and QA understand the requirements.
The Senior Product Manager defines the products for external teams to understand them. Provide product definition, direction, and messaging such that all groups are able to understand the product capabilities and vision. Help sales engineers to identify use cases for demonstrations, helping to build marketing collateral to sell the product, set product pricing, assist sales managers and sales engineers with preparation for sales meetings, trade shows, demos, and major sales presentations.
The Senior Product Manager is expected to be aware and familiar with competition and perform competitive analysis to identify strengths and weaknesses of ARRIS and its competitors, and provide messaging for sales managers to combat those competitors.
- Define the product strategy and roadmap
- Deliver product requirements with prioritized features and corresponding justification
- Work with 3rd party providers when the OEM technology is required in ARRIS products
- Plan, develop, and maintain marketing materials such as overview decks, messaging, product functional specifications, product data sheets, white papers, etc.
- Run beta and pilot programs with early-stage products and samples
- Be an expert with respect to the competition
- Act as a leader within the company to cultivate a product culture
- Set product pricing
- This position may perform other duties as assigned.
- Excellent skills at effective communication – both verbal and written
- Problem analysis and problem solving
- Strategic thinking and planning
- Organizational and planning skills
- Sound judgment
- Negotiating skills
- Must be have high customer orientation and provide creative, intuitive solutions to customer problems
- Technology savvy
- Computer science or engineering degree or work experience a strong plus
- Experience with telecommunications, cable, or satellite pay TV markets highly desired
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, engineering, computer science
- 5+ years of software marketing or product management experience
It is the policy of CommScope to provide Equal Employment Opportunities to all individuals based on merit, qualifications and abilities. CommScope does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy), national origin, age or any other characteristics as protected by law. Furthermore, this contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a) and 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals on the basis of disability, and require affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals with disabilities.