In our ‘always on’ world, we believe it’s essential to have a genuine connection with the work you do.
Be one of the bold and engineer advanced networks with us. We are looking for extraordinarily hardworking, forward-thinking, and driven people. If you would like to be part of a global multi-cultural team dedicated to delivering industry-leading performance through outstanding talent, a culture of innovation and teamwork, this is an opportunity you won’t want to miss!
CommScope is hiring a Senior Systems Engineer in Lowell, MA
How You'll Help us Connect The World:
As a member of the Systems Engineering team you will be involved in defining detailed technical requirements and achieve continued quality excellence of our small cell product line. This is a highly technical position requiring in depth physical layer technical engagements and not high-level approaches. Work with Product Marketing team and customers to converge on product requirements. Work with Engineering teams to define detailed Engineering requirements and system-level design, as well as providing architectural expertise and guidance. Perform analysis, simulations and define algorithms for current and future features of our LTE and 5G small cell products. As the Program Technical Lead, you will work with our customers on all technical matters of lab trials, friendly user testing and deployments. Engage with customers on explaining technical details of our products and propose solutions for customer specific requirements. Work with multi-functional teams and lead technical activities for customer trials and deployments. Work with verification teams on devising and reviewing test plans. Propose creative solutions for tough system-wide problems. Produce white papers and technical documents for customers and for internal teams. Review and offer feedback on technical documents written throughout the organization. Continually evaluate, influence and advance internal design efforts to improve product development processes and ensure carrier-class quality. Participate in industrial forums, standard bodies and academic conferences to represent Commscope objectives.
Required Qualifications for Consideration:
• Bachelors Degree in Electrical Engineering or a related field with 8 years of experience on Master's Degree in Electrical Engineering or a similar field with 5 years of experience
• Proven expertise of LTE and 5G technologies and standards and expertise in at least one or a few other wireless technologies: 5G, 3GPP standards, wifi, etc
• Broad knowledge of systems engineering concepts (definition and analysis for requirements, performance, capacity, availability, reliability, scalability, etc) and strong theoretical background in wireless communications.
• Demonstrated ability to mathematically analyze complex problems and to offer solutions for sophisticated problem with considerations of performance, scalability and correctness.
• Expertise in simulation techniques and tools
• Expertise in network protocols and architecting networking aspects of a carrier-class platform.
• Experience in analyzing and responding to market requirements, RFIs, etc.
• Experience with system level testing and performance evaluation of wireless systems and familiarity with related tools.
You Will Excite Us If You Have:
Expertise in designing and developing large-scale systems. Background in standards contribution and participation. Hands-On experience in designing the 5TH generation wireless solutions. Proven leadership in building technical consensus across multidimensional, interdependent groups. Excellent interpersonal skills.
What happens after you apply?
Learn how to prepare yourself for the next steps in our hiring process by visiting https://careers.commscope.com/how-we-hire
CommScope is on a quest to deliver connectivity that empowers how we live, work, and learn. Our employees push the boundaries of communications technology that enables game-changing discoveries like 5G, the Internet of Things, and gigabit speeds for everyone, everywhere. With our unmatched expertise in copper, fiber, and wireless infrastructure, our global clients rely on us to outperform today and be ready for the needs of tomorrow.
If you want to grow your career alongside bright, passionate, and caring people who strive to create what's next…..come connect to your future at CommScope.
CommScope is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO), including people with disabilities and veterans. If you are seeking an accommodation for the application or interview process, please contact us to submit your request at [Register to View] You can also learn more about CommScope’s accommodation process and EEO policy at careers.commscope.com/eeo